Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crafty Girls!

It seems like our living room being clean never seems to last past a day. Argh. Oh well, not much we can do about it, Ariel is pretty busy. Anyhoo, the past 2 days have been busy but not crazy. Tuesday morning we decided to go to swimming lessons. Ariel's rash is gone, woot! Not a moment too soon for Ariel, as each time we change her pants says 'no cream.' I guess she is glad its over too. Its nice to see her smiling face again.


After swimming lessons we came home and made up some shortbread cookies. I think I will make up some more, as I am not sure I like these ones. I think I used my mom's recipe last year, can't recall... oh well. Can never have too many cookies, hee.

Ariel wanted to share her friend Ginger-beans with you! He has been her buddy the past few days... her favorite game is pushing him off the couch. What a great friend. Lol.


Last night we were busy sketching for various projects. We are doing some illustrations to be used at the Christmas eve service at church for a story they are reading. We only have 2 weeks left, so we need to get busy!

This morning Ariel slept in and I spent some time answering emails that had been lost in the shuffle. Oops. One happened to be quite interesting to me that Stella forwarded. It was how to make chocolate cake in a microwave... in a MUG! Yes ladies, it is the answer to the quick chocolate fix in under 5 minutes that we ALL need once in awhile. Of course we had to test this out and let me say, YUMMY!

1 good sized coffee mug
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp oil
small splash of vanilla
chocolate chips are optional

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Put mug in microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes on high (I did 2 minutes in my microwave and it was perfect and moist - too long and its kinda dry). Cake will rise over top of mug- do not be alarmed! Allow to cool a bit and tip out onto plate. Eat! Is that not the coolest thing ever! Enjoy gals!


While I got ready this morning Ariel played with her nativity set that Daddy finally gave back (he was using at church last Sunday.)


When we were both ready we left for Stella's at 10am. The plan was to cut out our Christmas pjs from the fabric I bought awhile back. So much easier on a big table and its always nice to have a visit too. Ariel got a quick measure to check her size. Mommy's growing girl!


By noon we had cut everything out and said our goodbyes and headed home for lunch. After some sandwiches, Ariel went to have her quiet time and I was checking out my Gymbofriends message board and I came across someone who posted this super cute craft she did with her kids. I had to do it with Ariel so I got everything ready and Ariel got into her painting gear.


It is such a simple idea and so cute! You brush some white paint on your kids hand and do a hand print on a glass ornament ball. Once its dry, add some red, black and orange and you have snowmen! Yes, its so easy and look how sweet this is! Good last minute craft to make the grandparents.


While I cleaned up, Ariel relaxed watching Arthur... upside down. What a nut!


Well the slow cooker is going tonight, made up a pot of baked beans and baked some cornbread to go with it. Oh so nice on a cold day. So I should go enjoy it with my hubby who just walked through the door.

Before I left, had to share my new favorite song on the radio right now. Its called Beautiful U R by Deborah Cox. Been in my head all week so I had to share it. Nothing like a song that makes you feel good when you are having a rough time. Ok, I am off... maybe some more mug cake is in order. Haha.

10 comments:

Kim said...

What a fantastic idea for a Christmas ornament - thank you for sharing! I also love the chocolate cake recipe! I will definitely be trying that one out one day soon!

Kristin said...

Love the Christmas ornament idea! I'll have to give it a try, maybe next year, this years have already been made.

Also Chocolate cake in a mug, totally have to try that!

missmarble said...

That recipe looks mighty tempting! We will have to try it as a treat.

kelly ens said...

1. Cake in a mug??? SWEET!!!!
2. LOVE that nativity scene!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, that ornament is amazing!!! What a great idea-- I think we're going to try it!

Kristen said...

SO many good ideas! Love the cake idea and snowman ornament!

Anonymous said...

My friend posted the chocolate cake recipe at her blog a while ago and I had to try it right away. Left it in a few seconds too long and the top part was a little dry but otherwise...YUMMY!!

The ornament idea is pretty cool, I might try it as a last minute gift for my grandma, she is such a decorating person during holiday season she will probably love it.

Tera said...

Jay- goodness, I had some catching up to do on your blog! (been sicky here) LOVE your Christmas card, super cute! The cake in a mug idea is awesome, already wrote down the recipe! Cute ornament idea...I'll have to remember it for next year. Sorry about Ariel's rash. Brynna doesn't have any 2 year molars yet...but then again, she just got her eye teeth over the last 2 months! :) Looks like you've been having a great holiday season so far!

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh, I adore that ornament! I even have clear glass ornaments (and paint) in my stash. What an awesome gift idea, thanks SO much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Yummm...cake in a mug, I may have to try that!

You always make me want to run to gymbo and buy what Ariel is wearing. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...