Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holidays = Lots of Visiting!

The past few days have been a blur of activity. Trying to catch a moment with so many friends that are in town for the holidays is tricky when there are not many days to go around and lots of people to see. Thankfully I got to see a good number of people in a short amount of time. Whee!

Sunday was crazy, 3 meet ups! Woot, a record for us I think. We had church in the morning and had fun telling people our baby news. Then we went off to Stella's for lunch and got to meet all of Kara's university friends that I remember reading about and seeing pictures of. So nice to meet them in person, and a wonderful turkey lunch of soup and sandwiches was a bonus too! Yummy!


Then home again for a visit with Maureen, Darrel and the kids... well those kids are getting close to being teens. Ugh! I remember them as babies, they are growing up way too fast.


Ariel enjoyed playing with them and cooking up soup. Haha.


Finally, I got to have dinner with 2 of my dear friends, Robyn and Dianne, my Camp Tulahead girls. Hee. We met up at the Cactus Club, a place I haven't been since college, and had a great dinner. I had mini burgers, oh they were ADORABLE!!! And very tasty!


It was great to just chat, laugh and catch up. Its been YEARS since all three of us were together, I guess maybe it was when we all got married (all in the same year back in 2001) Gosh, I love you girls! Hehe, and no insight to what we talked about, haha. Some things are better left as secrets. Wink wink!

OH, and I can't forget to mention about the WEIRD situation I walked in on in the bathroom. Some girl was standing on the sink counter, in a very short skirt and her friend was taking um 'interesting' pictures of her. I quickly darted into a stall, praying they were gone when I came out. Thankfully they were and I ran back to report to the girls and we spent some time looking for the nasty chicks... who we later spotted... ick! Why me? Hahaha.


Monday came and Ken was back at work for 2 days before taking another 5 days off in a row, whee! Not much happened during the day, mostly because it was pouring rain out. Ariel and I did get down to the bank to deposit some stuff and somehow got wrangled into taking an old toy box from the thrift store. Ugh, seriously, why can't I say no?

I did NOT want it, but my daughter saw Mickey on it and the older men there were saying 'take it as a gift'. I kept saying, oh I don't know if it will fit in your room (which is true) and the men I think took that as 'she can't afford it' (it was only $2). They were very sweet to offer it, but let me say this delicately, its UGLY! Its a nice handcrafted wooden box, that's the nice part, the not so nice part was they used old Mickey Mouse wall paper from the 70's to decorate the top. Its not centered, so there is another 2 pieces added on with a very noticeable seam, its peeling and really dirty and I kinda don't want it anywhere in our house. As they loaded it into the car, the one guy thought I was crying because of their generosity... more so of what am I gonna do with this thing now? In fact, its still in the car! Am I being a total jerk? I figured I could clean it up but still, I kinda had wanted to get an Ikea basket for Ariel's big girl room because it would hold more and frankly this isn't that big and would be more of a waste of space than toy storage which is what she needs.


Just when I thought I was stuck with it, my husband comes home, sees it in the car and kinda likes it!!! Sooooooooo, I think I am close to convincing him to put it in his office at work. He likes weird crap, and frankly it fits the bill. Did you ever see the huge plastic rabbit that looks like a giant chocolate? Yeah, that's in his office too. Love you babe, hee.

Ariel waiting for the next guests to arrive... she said she was flying! Haha.


Princess was in a good mood for answering questions, so I got some cute video of her talking about the baby.


The evening rolled around and some of my friends from High School came around for some Chinese food and catch up. We had some of the 'next generation' present too, Julie's 8 month old daughter Lillian, Christy's 3 year old daughter Alasyn and my Ariel.

For the most part, Ariel and Alasyn played well together. The funnest thing that happened was they couldn't decide on what placemat they wanted and they kept trading them back and forth until they both had a plate of food in front of them. Haha.


Later the girls played dress up with the pettiskirts, and we totally had to try it on Lillian too. Too cute!!!


It was great to see some of my friends and catch up, but disappointed Ann and Gwen couldn't make it. Next time! I had a bit of a tummy ache (probably too much yummy food) and ended up not getting to sleep until midnight, gack! Thankfully I watched several episodes of the Gilmore Girls with Ken until then, and I am excited that I have him hooked too now. Haha. I love that he will watch these shows with me. He wasn't too into it at first, but he was really enjoying the dialog and found himself asking some back story questions to catch up. Woot! My husband is awesome, haha.

Then this morning I was up early to clean the living room for our next guests, my 2nd cousin Kimberly, who I got reconnected with on Facebook, her 3 kids and her mom. Nana was suppose to join us but ended up taking a fall outside her car on black ice. Ugh. She was ok, but I have a feeling she maybe feeling pretty sore tomorrow. Anyhoo, Kimberly and her family use to live here in our town growing up, just down the street from my Nana. I always loved their place because they had a big red door. Her middle brother Dan was my age, and I remember the fun we use to have. Hee.

So they arrived and we had a nice visit while the kids played. Ariel has done well the past few days with lots of kids she doesn't know, so its been a good learning experience and perhaps a look to the future with sharing with a sibling, hehe. We took some pictures for Nana so she could see the kids and parted ways, until next time. Hee.


Yes, we have had a very social few days. Tomorrow is New Years eve and we are going to a fondue party with our friends Kevin and Brenda! I am so pumped and so is Ariel to play with her little friends. Its the first time in AGES that we are actually going out on new years, yay! Party on!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That sounds like an action packed time Jay!!! lots of fun playdates for Ariel and dinner out for you.Happy New Year .

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! The hamburgers look yummy!

And I love the video!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...