Sunday, December 21, 2008

More SNOW!

As I am typing, the snow is falling... again. Lots of it... dang! This is crazy! Not to mention COLD! I am missing my regular west coast weather. I wonder if it will be like this for the Olympics in 2010? Anyhoo, its been a busy few days, hence no post. Trying to keep up and yet feeling like I am always forgetting something.

Friday morning Ariel and I joined, Dad, Rita and Katie for breakfast out at ABC. Ariel was thrilled Katie was there and they had fun coloring until the food arrived.


Afterwards, Dad went to get his hair cut and the rest of us thought it be fun to feed the bunnies. So we went down with a bag of carrots and saw our little fuzzy friends.


Ariel was doing her best to try and get close enough without scaring them away... kinda hard when she looked like she was throwing the carrots at them rather than tossing them.


Then we went back to the house and the girls did some sledding down the road. Katie gave Ariel, who was well bundled up, a fun ride.


Peek a boo!


Then Ariel took a turn at pulling. She actually was able to pull Katie which surprised us.


Some video of our fun morning.


Later that day we went to the big appetizer party Nana and Papa were hosting. I made up a Christmas tree veggie tray and herb dip. Very cute! I also can't take credit, I saw it in a magazine. Haha.


Ariel enjoyed visiting and eating. Ken was sadly unable to attend because it was the same night as his staff party. Plus I wasn't too excited about traveling downtown on the bus in the snow, so I came to Nana's party, sorry babe, maybe next year.


Ariel ate a big piece of cake and I will tell you that Costco puts a LOT of dye in their icing. The green wreaths that were on top, well, they turned Ariel's next diaper neon green. YUCK! Nasty and yet very festive I guess. Hehe, sorry.

Saturday morning Ariel and I walked down to get some pull-ups only to get to the store and realize I left the rain check at home! DOH! So we made our way back to the library to return some magazines and pick up some new stuff. Ariel found another Arthur dvd, so she was pumped. I stopped at the park for a moment so Ariel could ride the slide a few times. But she quickly was getting cold and cranky so we ran home to warm up

Later that day Dad and Rita dropped Katie off since they were going to a party. The girls had fun playing Mr Potato head, My Little Ponies and Mario Kart. Yes, Ariel's first time using a video game, it was entertaining to say the least.


Then this morning we made out way to church in a winter wonderland. It had stopped snowing when we arrived but as we left it was full blast again! 4th advent is one of snow, hee. Can't believe its Christmas this week!!!


Only 2 paintings left and then I can sew the pjs. Its all coming together, woot! Can't wait to celebrate with my family, visit friends and just relax with Ken home. Speaking of which, I think we are going to put on some Christmas specials while I paint. So better go, and look for a pj update soon!

5 comments:

Dianne said...

I can't get over what a big girl Ariel looks like in that first picture!!!

See you soon... 7 more sleeps!!!

:)

Amy said...

That's a lot of snow!! Wish we had it just for Christmas day, but it's looking like a sunny warm so cal Christmas for us.

Anonymous said...

I just love all the snow!!

Anonymous said...

So jealous of the snow - it's turned the typical mild and damp Xmas weather here (boo)
Love the picture of you and Ariel!!!

Jill Brochard said...

Awww -- love the rabbit feeding hehehe!! Snow is ok on vacation but not for daily stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...