Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday brings rain... no snow... no rain... good grief, make up your mind!

First off, sorry there will not be many pictures, I left my camera at Nana's yesterday for the entire afternoon and then today the batteries needed to be recharged. Doh! To make it up you get a new Ariel dancing video at the end of the post, yay!

The weather couldn't make up its mind here today. First it was dumping rain, then snowing wet flurries and then back to rain. Cold rain to be exact! Brrrrrrrrr. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but it will be interesting I am sure.

Yesterday we had swimming and Ariel showed that she could jump into the pool and not have me catch her, after her teacher suggested to try it. The moment she landed I reached to pull her up. I thought it would freak her out, but she was grinning and eager to do it again. She never fails to surprise me.

Afterwards we went to Nana and Papa's to hang their Christmas lights on their deck. Ariel got a surprise from Aunty Marg, she knit her a snake! My brother had one like this when he was little too, so it was very cool for her to get one. Of course she was thrilled and its her new best friend, Mr Snake.


Ken and I managed to get all the sketches put together last night for the presentation for Christmas eve. They were wonderfully approved by the author and her hubby, our worship pastor. So now they go on to the inking and painting stage. Its going to be a crazy week now to get these done. Guess I won't be doing much, until they are finished. Gack!

Today Ariel and I were to be having breakfast with Dad and Rita, and following that visiting Erin, Carter and baby Brielle. Sadly at 830am I got a call right before I headed out the door that Carter was throwing up. Poor little guy, Ariel sends you hugs! Feel better soon Carter!

So we continued on for breakfast. After eating yummy waffles, Ariel was being a total dork with the balloons she found in the toy room. It was then my camera crapped out on me, and I didn't get to capture Ariel's impression of a pregnant lady. Haha.


We hung out and then at lunch time Grandpa treated us to McDonalds. Woot! Ariel was excited more so to get to that play area than eating, and I don't blame her. This time the big kids were all in school and the only ones there were kids her size. Yay! We even saw Nancy and her boys, so that was fun. Nancy found Ariel and asked where I was and she replied 'at the table!' Even pointing us out, what a pro. Hee.

After a nice long play, and one explosive pull-up later (trust me you don't need the details!) we headed home. Ariel ended up falling asleep upstairs, yay, so I took the time to put together her new dance ribbon which is one of her stocking stuffers. I looked at the one in her class on the last day and figured I could totally make one too. So I picked up a dowel and Dad had an eye pin, added some ribbon and woo hoo, one dance ribbon. She is gonna love this. She has been missing class and asks daily when we are going back. Awe.


Since we are talking stocking stuffers, here are some of the other cool things I found. These super cute clips I bought from a gal on my Gymbo board. She also has an esty site here. So if you have princess lovin' girls in your house, a neat stocking stuffer.


A good cheap idea is getting McDonald happy meal toys. I bought a few extra ponies last time to put away.


This is fun, found it at Safeway, a sandwich cutter. They had hearts or dinosaurs. Only a buck!


With Ariel's love of the Cars movie lately, had to stick in a little car too. Another cheap little treat.


One thing I did this year was the check out the consignment shop for some second hand toys for Ariel. I figured it was a good way to save some money and we don't get stuck with all the extra packaging they always put on toys. When we were playing at Sienna's house one time Ariel took a liking to the 'Leap Frog - Word Whammer' on the fridge. Its a step up from the singing barn we all know and love, haha. Anyhoo, Toys R Us is selling it for $34.99 and I found a perfect one for only $10! All the pieces were there, and it looks brand new. Score! So keep your eyes peeled, such a great way to save.


So those were my Christmas ideas, hope they help you out if you are still looking for ideas. Now the moment you have been waiting for. The new Ariel dance video. We got Camp Rock from the library and finally got to watch it. Its pretty much the same formula as High School Musical, so Ariel loved it! I went up stairs to go to the washroom and caught her getting into the show. Haha. Enjoy and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love watching Ariel dance-so sweet. Great stocking stuffer ideas too! consignment stores are the best for this age I think. When they are teenagers it probably won't work anymore lol!

Brenda said...

Wow, that is one awesome snake! Will Aunt Marge knit me one too? LOL Nice stocking stuffers - Mallory's list includes some lipgloss (the kind with the wand so it doesn't make as much of a mess), sunglasses, maybe some muffin tin crayons...

Anonymous said...

Go Ariel...she needs to come give some dance lessons to Avery. :)

And oh my! Those are the cutest hair clippies I have ever seen!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...