Saturday, November 15, 2008

Girls Weekend

So Friday morning Ken was preparing to leave on his fun filled work weekend in Seattle. Animation festivals are always a blast for him and this time co-worker and friend Calvin was tagging along. Since Ken was home, he joined Ariel and I on our regular breakfast visit to Dad and Rita's. After some tasty waffles, Ariel and Grandpa built some towers...


...they never last long though. Haha.


We packed up and dropped Ken back at home to finish gathering his stuff to leave, and we went on to our monthly coffee party group. It was probably better that we weren't home for Ariel to see Daddy leave. Tears are never fun. Kara and Ariel had a nice little visit and they played with her new pink cel phone, and the little Winnie the Pooh that she has hanging on it.


By the time we got home, Ken had left so we had a lazy afternoon. I did some sewing and Ariel played with her toys. Since it was just us girls, I thought making homemade pizza would be fun. Ariel was very excited, but then again she tends to be eager whenever food is involved. Haha.


Girls weekend! Woot!


Time for pizza! How is it Ariel?


That's yummy Momma!



I took this little video for Daddy too, love you babe!


Next morning we walked down to attend another bazaar at one of the other churches in town. Nana joined us for tea and sandwiches, Ariel won't share hers with me this time, she got pretty cheesed when I tried to sneak one off her plate.


This time I was very successful, as I managed to get 8 new dishcloths and 2 frozen apple pies. Yummy! Think I will cook one up for our Thanksgiving dinner next week. Oooh, turkey time again, hee.


After we said our goodbyes to Nana, we stopped to return some stuff to the library and picked up some stuff they had on hold for me. Ariel found some movies to borrow, Arthur and some Cinderella sequels. She is really on a big Arthur kick at the moment which thrills me to no end because I love that show. Comes on while I cook dinner so we both are entertained, hee.

As we approached our place, we found a big pile of leaves and I decided to let Ariel go nuts. She ran back and forth cackling with laughter. She kept finding big leaves and holding them up to examine them.


Mommy's little apple dumpling.


During the afternoon I did some more sewing and Ariel watched her videos. She eventually fell asleep on the couch at 330ish. We are really in the middle of the transitions to no naps. Sigh... she just will crash unexpectedly in random places now. I wish she could go back to napping because it seems like she needs it, but apparently she doesn't agree.

For dinner tonight we were invited over to Stella's place. Jack made chili and it was awesome. Afterwards Kara pulled out her game of hungry, hungry hippos to teach Ariel to play. Lol, that was pretty funny.


Ariel at first kept lifting the mouth and feeding marbles to her hippo, then would steal marbles from the other hippos containers. Pretty funny stuff.


Had to grab a bit of video.


After more playing, Ariel had a fun bath in their tub and ran around naked. Lol. Then into pjs and after we finished watching the Notebook on tv came home for bed. But my sweetie is online, so I will leave you all so I can chat with him. Can't wait to see him tomorrow, yay.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun girls weekend! I am going to have to get out hungry hippos for Boston now that he saw that video ;)

Jill Brochard said...

Maybe when I feel a little braver I'll pull out our hungry hippos two -- The noise can be hidious ;)

Brenda said...

Ah yes, Mallory loves feeding her hippos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...