Thursday, November 06, 2008

Have you seen my brain?

But first... congrats to President-elect Barack Obama! Wow, what a moment in history, it was amazing to watch and both Ken and I were a loss for words. I pointed to him on the tv and said 'Ariel, this is the new president'... her reply, 'Oooh, yay!' One day she will understand what an amazing moment this is. The world took a huge step forward that night.


Anyhoo, yesterday I had seriously thought I lost my brain. Stella and I had a shopping day planned and we got started bright and early. As we approached the first stop I suddenly realized I forgot my wallet!!!!! It was sitting on the table by the door... ugh. Could I BE any dumber. So for the whole day Stella had to pay for me, kinda like shopping with a parent again. Haha. Thanks again for helping me out, and next time I will recharge my brain before we go out.

Besides my moment of 'duh' we had a great time. Found the remaining fabric for Ariel's cupcake quilt and some other material to make our annual Christmas pjs, hee. I also found some fabric to make something for my Dad and Ken but the lady didn't ring it in! We didn't realize until we got home so we had to call back and have them put it on hold until we can go back next week. Ugh.

The other big find was the card stock for our Christmas cards... yes its time to start drawing the new design up. With the weather turning yuckie very fast I am glad I will have some painting to do.

Speaking of the rain, Ariel is a big fan of splashing in the puddles. However, she knows she can only do this in her boots. So when we put them on she always states 'I splash in boots' and its usually followed with 'not mommy' because she managed to get me soaked one day. Haha.


Other Ariel news, we have her sitting at the table with us now. She always was beside us in her chair, but I lowered it and have it up with us now and its quite nice.


We are also attempting potty training again. We got some pull ups and big girl panties... so far its slow. I tried a few of the techniques friends have tried, none of them seemed to go over well. The one that did have some good results one afternoon was the chocolate rewards. She managed to go 6 times (amazing what she can get out with food involved eh?) and seemed pretty pleased with herself.


However, a few hours later when I said I think its time for Ariel to use the potty, this is what I found. Hmmm, this could be a problem eh?


Today we drove out in the dumping rain to Richmond. Ugh, it was such a miserable day to drive but we got there safe and sound. I had a gift card to Gap from airmiles, so I let Ariel pick out something. She picked a cute hat with ear flaps and matching mitts (and they are HUGE, so we can use them next year too). She then proceeded to wear them the whole time we shopped. Pretty silly looking, but she was pleased as punch.

She also picked out this dress, it was marked down but the only one left was 18-24month size. Ariel typically wears 2T for the length but I tried it on her just because she was so instant. It was shorter than I usually like on her, but if you could have seen her twirl in the mirror it was simply priceless. She felt like a queen, and it showed. Paired with her fuzzy boots its a look all her own, and she is super happy. Add her tiara and I think she is the snow princess. Hee.


Well tonight we are having the bok choy stir fry for dinner, so I better go get that ready. Ken is going to be late because of the rain and buses running slow, blah.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

What a pretty snow princess dress! We're *kind of* working on potty training too...Mallory will tell me AFTER she pees in her diaper, but not before. It's going slowly. Tootsie rolls and candy corn are great rewards here!

kelly ens said...

this post is so parallel to me right now. I forgot my wallet the other day while shopping.
Taeya also loves jumping in puddles and knows exactly what boots she has to wear to jump in the water. Otherwise, "No jumping water."
We also have just moved Taeya from her high chair beside the table, to her booster seat AT the table. she loves it :)
VERY cute dress Ariel picked out!

Amy said...

Jay, could it be a PG brain????? Hmmmm???? :) :)

Jay said...

Amy, you don't know how much I wish I could blame it on that! ;) But sadly, no.

Kristin said...

We have the same puddle splashing rule over here.

Good luck with the potty training. Bribery with Smarties worked for us, although I like to call it an incentive instead of bribery. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...