Friday, April 11, 2008

Action Packed Day

I am tired... I mean really tired. Today was a very full day, and even though at times it was a bit overwhelming, it all worked out and we had a lot of fun.

This morning we had a photo shoot with Maria at Frozen Reflections (the gal I am doing work for, and if you go to her website and click on client login, she is using a picture of Ariel and I at the moment- whee). The whole family loaded up the car and we drove out to her place. Ariel had slept the whole night through and I figured would be good to go. However, her teeth got the better of her and I think she was a bit scared of Maria's assistant Jon and she was a bit fussy.

In the end we did get some cute shots, these are our favs.


Thank you Maria, we love them! Even if we had to WORK Ariel to get them. Lol. I can't even describe what we were doing to get her to smile. It shall remain a secret. Haha.

Then back into town so Ken could take the bus to the city and we could go off to swimming lessons. We are really loving our instructor, as he is doing some great things with the kids. Today he had the older ones holding on to these floating foam barbells (one is each hand) then the parent help support the child on the tummy so they learn the feeling of floating. Then to blow bubbles in the water! Ariel is a star at blowing bubbles now, and I was really impressed that she did the exercise too! I was a little skeptical at first, but once she got the hang of it, she was glowing when her teacher gave her some praise.

After class we had to then swing by the travel agent to pick up our receipt for our trip to Disneyland. Yay! By the time we got home it was after 1pm, so I had a late lunch of sushi, yummy. Ariel went down for a nap and I rested for our next event.

Uncle Blair came to pick us up for our next outing. We were going to Build a Bear for a party for Brook. Once we got there and things got rolling, they really did start rolling... as you will see.

Since we didn't have Ariel's stroller, it was pretty much a wild evening. She was so happy to be out on foot and was running around. She never seems to get tired! So we picked out a furry friend, mommy got to pick one too.


Then we got to stuff him! Ariel liked pushing the buttons.


Then adding a heart, awe.


Of course when we weren't trying to distract her into taking part in building her bear, Ariel had discovered in her opinion the BEST toy of the night! One of the bears on display was in a stroller. Well this was too much for Ariel, she was in love with it. She did about 100 laps of the store with this thing, of course Mommy was trying to catch her and keep her from running people over. Blair was just laughing at her, thanks! Haha. Needless to say she was very entertaining and I mentioned to Aunty Deborah I would have to buy one to bring home since I thought there was NO WAY the girl was leaving it behind.


Time to dress up the bears!


Then Aunty Deb surprised Ariel... a pink stroller for her bear!


Another 100 laps of the store was in order to celebrate. She was thrilled! Thank you so much, I think this will be the most played with toy for a long time!


Then we boxed up the bears... except for Ariel's. Her bear wasn't leaving the stroller.


While the other kids took some pictures with their bears, Ariel jumped on the computer. She was quite taken with the idea she WAS allowed to play on this one.


Then the girls at the store sang a special birthday song for Brook. It was the first time ALL NIGHT that Ariel stood still and watched. She loves a good song.


While we waited for the Blair to bring the car around, Ariel and the other kids played on the bears picnic ride outside the store.


She loved the fake food! Yummy! She kept saying 'cake, cake'. I think she wanted some... and later she got her wish!


Back at the house, out came the ice cream cake! Happy 9th Birthday Brook!


Ariel thought Blair was taking too long to cut the cake and started helping herself.


We were all laughing pretty hard at this sight. The girl is so funny sometimes. Haha.


We gave Brook some new smelly markers and an 'Enchanted' activity book as a gift. The girls went to work on it while Ariel watched.


There were MANY tears when it was time to go. Ariel was overtired and wanted to stay to play with the kids. I was beat, and my voice is practically gone. (Yes, as of yesterday, I sound like a frog, its so lovely) We got home and were very happy to see Daddy. Of course we had to show him the stroller.

We gave Daddy our t-shirt we got with our bear. Looks like something he would wear around the house. Haha.


Ariel is now in bed, and its finally quiet. I am looking forward to a mellow day tomorrow. After this one, I could use it. As for our bears, here they are. When the girl asked what we wanted to name them, this is what I told her. Ariel's on the left is named 'Trouble' and mine on the right is named 'Sanity'. Perhaps this was what I was feeling at the time in the store, haha. They are sitting on the rocking chair in Ariel's room until morning... when I am sure they will be getting stroller rides for the remainder of the day.

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

those pictures of you and ariel and ken are AWESOME. whatever you did to get her to smile was obviously worth it. I love the one of her and Ken where she's laughing. LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

The family pics really are GREAT! I love your hair, Jay... wish I could get mine that long and that wavy... I think it will always be a dream though! haha. But seriously - fantastic photos!
Looks like a great party at build a bear (I had no idea they held parties!!) Very cool! Love ya. ttys.

Brenda said...

Wow, that was a busy day! Your pictures turned out awesome - you look fantastic! :) I really need to find some swimming lessons for Mallory again this spring - maybe our YMCA has some. Hmm...

Amy said...

AWESOME pictures Jay!!! You look absolutely stunning! I love the party pictures. Boston loves those strollers too, he always try to swipe them fro the little girls at the park :)

Kristin said...

What an awesome family photo shoot, you guys look great! :)

The build a bear party was at the mall SO close to our place! I recognize the teddy bear picnic ride, Marin loves playing on it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...