Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Was it a fluke... who cares!!!!!!!

Had to stop in and blog about our exciting event! Ariel used her potty at lunchtime today!!!


As you know, we have been starting to introduce the idea of the potty, without having too many expectations. I have been hearing more and more of my friends sharing of their successes with potty training, and figured I would encourage Ariel a bit more than I had been.

So the past few days at particular times, I have put Ariel on her potty. She has some toys, a drink and books to keep her entertained. She was up to about 30 minutes of sitting with no action. I figured she get annoyed and want to get up, but she seemed somewhat determined herself.

This morning while making the bed, Ariel started saying poo poo. I ran for the chair and for 35 minutes we waited.... nothing. Oh well. We went about our day, had some food, played etc.

When I came upstairs to sort some stuff in the computer room I brought in the chair again, since this was the usual time the princess filled her pants. (She is very regular - hee.) I put her on and we played some music on itunes, actually one song over and over... she is loving that new Madonna song.


Every so often I check to see if she did anything, but it was always empty. Then she started crying, I figured that was it for the chair. When I came over, I got a huge surprise! Both poo and pee! I was very excited and started hugging her. Ariel of course was freaked out...


...and kept shutting the potty lid. She seemed rather grossed out by the whole thing. I don't blame her, that was quite a big 'deposit' for such a little girl.


I pulled out the camera to take the first potty success picture. I am so proud, fluke or not. Ariel then got some very yummy chocolate chip cookies as a reward, that was a hit. After our snack, Ariel flushed the potty bits down the big potty. She has now gone down for a nap, and I am the ever proud Mommy blogger, sharing with you all.... just be thankful I edited the pictures. Ariel was right, ewe!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Way to go Ariel!!!

Kim said...

Yeah for the potty!!

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of the book 'Once upon a potty'? That was our favourite, and your blog posting reminds me of it. Hannah still remembers Prudence and her potty!
Congrats Ariel! Congrats Jay!

Jill Brochard said...

Awsome!!! Leïla was retty freaked out the first time -- now she thinks poop is cool! EWWWWWWWW!! I have some great blackmail stories for her when she is a teenager! ;)

Tera said...

Yippee, Ariel! Very exciting! She looks so cute in her red dress too.

kelly ens said...

WOWEEEEE!!!! that is amazing! way to go Ariel :)
i think we need to get a potty in the house so Taeya is familiar...

Dianne said...

WHAT??? They don't come potty trained??? Is it too late to re-think this whole thing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...