Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Girls on the town!

Today was gymbucks day at Gymboree (obsession, yes I know - enjoy our summer fashion show during the post), so Ariel and I were up and out the door at 9am. The plan was to be there when the store opened at 930am... at least so I thought. When we hit the main road out of town, we suddenly realized we weren't moving... at all!


If the traffic was backed up all the way into our little town, I could just imagine how bad it was on the highway. Crap...er cow. Yes, the traffic was a cow. Mooooooooo! Making my language kid friendly proves to be challenging and yet funny. I had Ariel mooing in the car along with me. I am sure it looked weird to others, oh well.


When we hit the highway, 30 minutes later (usually a 5 minute thing for those who don't know) we managed to get over to the HOV lane. Thank heavens for that, as we made up plenty of time. I don't even want to think about how long we would have had to wait otherwise. We got to the tunnel and then things slowed again. We spent 10 minutes in the tunnel (usually a few minutes drive). I must also stress my great dislike of this, since its not only a dark small space, but also under water. Yikes. I have seen way too many disaster movies in my day to make me feel comfortable in there. I was so happy to see the light of day, and Ariel was happy the radio songs were back on.


We got to the mall at quarter to 10am, so not too bad in the long run. However, the store was just snaky busy in there at that point. Its nice to know I am not the only one with an obsession. Haha. Ariel had her snack and happily watched the tv for the most part while I shopped. While I was checking out she was ready to go, I think its because Barney was on the tv, he is just creepy. After her shopping we did some for me. Can I say how much I love shopping for myself now! Its fun finding things that fit and look good. Plus I love summer fashion, the skirts and tops. Everything out these days is very much my arty style. I got a cute couple of tops, and some casual shorts for around the house. I also found a top to wear for our pictures on Friday. Stay tune for the proofs to see it.


Then it was time to come home, and the drive was uneventful, which was good. We stopped by Nana's to visit Rose who was staying for a few days. Nana made some yummy tuna casserole, very tasty. I got to see the info package for the place her and Papa will be moving to in a few months. They are on a wait list at this point that can take about 3-6 months, so its exciting and sad at the same time.


I basically explained it to Ken as the end of an era. But this new situation is going to give them so much in the way of help, that I know its going to keep them with us longer. Thats huge to me. Plus taking Ariel to a place like that I am sure will brighten the day of so many others. Maybe that will be our new mission.


Bible study was canceled tonight at the last minute, so Ken is home with us. Ariel is happy to have him here... and me too.


So I hope you enjoyed our little fashion show during tonights post. I am off to watch ANTM and Ken has to work on the computer so good night!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Jay what a cutie pie...we should have tried to meet up at gymbo :=) what hat did you want?? i have two gb's and two cookie 20% off.*ahem*lmk..I can look on Friday..And Ariel thanks for the fashion show..one little q how tall is miss?? I love the ladybug dress and wonder if it would work for McKenna..thanks.!!!

Jay said...

Awe, your sweet. I actually had an online gymbuck so I ordered the matching ladybug hat that they didn't have in her size anymore.

Ariel is about 30" tall. She is wearing the 18-24 month size. Its a beautiful dress, I bet McKenna would look lovely in it. :)

I have my cookie coupon too, hoping the capsule line is good. Can't wait to see it. Hee.

Michelle said...

ahhh... :) thanks for letting me know Ariel's Height...mckenna is getting the ladybug dress then ..:)

Tera said...

Thanks for the fashion show! I'm using my gymbucks on Saturday. Oh, that tunnel would scare me too! I think Ariel will definitely bring some sunshine to Nana and Papa's new community!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the little shorts! 2 months till Auntie Kara comes home and we can play in the sun in all those little outfits together!! woot!

Amy said...

CUTE new kicks Ariel!!! I love that cherry line!! I am going tonight to pick up Boston's loot of new Gymbo stuff- can't wait!!

Brenda said...

Aww, such a fun addiction! :) I think the cherry line is my favorite, too. Although, that seahorse is pretty cute, hoo. New clothes are so much fun! Now, it's time for your fashion show, Jay!

Amy said...

ITA Brenda!!! Jay we want to see your new kicks!!

Jay said...

Haha, I will work on that ok. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...