Monday, April 21, 2008

New Toy

Hey everyone. Sorry, its been a very busy weekend as we are preparing to send Ken off to San Fransisco tomorrow. To top it all off, Ken had to be downtown all weekend for the big Pixar event the school was having, so it made for a some very long days for the boy. Thankfully he booked today off, so he has been able to prepare and build some of the puppets he will need for the video shoot. Woot.


On Sunday we missed church. Ken was downtown, and after a somewhat rough night with Ariel, it just seemed better to sleep in. We stopped by to visit Nana and Papa later in the morning. Ariel and Papa had a lunch date together in the living room. This girl really loves her Papa, its very sweet. I think its because he lets her eat hundreds of crackers. So if you want to bribe her...


One fun surprise of the weekend was welcoming a new camera into our home. Its not the digital SLR that I desperately would love to own... yes I have been told by my hubby that I turn 30 next year, so perhaps that is a good sign of things to come. Whee! Anyhoo, with Ken traveling more, and needing use of the camera for work and documenting his trips when we can't go along, we decided to get another one to have around here. We really love our Canon S2 PowerShot, and so when I found out that the newer model S5 was marked way down (most likely due to the fact another model is coming out soon) we went searching. I found out a London Drugs in Surrey had their display one on sale for uber cheap, so I went down Sunday afternoon and snagged it.


So now Ken will get the older camera to take on trips etc. and I get the newer one, since lets face it, I am the photo nut around here. I must also say what a HUGE deal this was. It was 1/3 the price of what we paid for first one. Gack. One new thing that is cool is the fact there is a hot shoe attachment, thus allowing me to attach a regular flash. This will give me more range with shooting on the more manual settings. Very cool indeed.

Here are some shots from this morning. Ariel loves watching the cartoons on CBC in the morning. Her favorite is 'Super Why', since she can yell out the letters.


Chocolate cookies + new camera = Lots of cute pictures!

So tomorrow morning we are going to have coffee out together, get some little things done in town that Ken still needs to do. Then after lunch my sweetie leaves to go to the airport. He won't be back till Saturday evening, so we are going to miss him big time. Ariel must have sensed something up since she stuck to Ken like glue today. Poor girl.

At least the week is filling up with things to keep us busy. Wednesday we have a sewing date with Stella for working on the Disney costumes. Then Thursday and Friday I will be baking lots of goodies for the church's garage sale / bake sale / silent auction / BBQ. Yes, its a major event, and I look forward to going to take it all in. Fun stuff. Tomorrow night our building is getting a free BBQ from the Telus people. Basically they are trying to show off the new internet and tv packages to us by temping us with food. Well, if it means not making dinner, I am all for it. Haha. I can take the info and do the 'need to check with the man of the house' line, which is always a lifesaver in these situations sometimes.

Well I am gonna go back to t-shirt designing. I am making iron on transfers to print up some fun Disney t-shirts for our trip. On the Disney message board they had a whole area about making fun shirts that you can personalize and I was totally hooked. So you grab some online clip art, download the Disney fonts and then play around. Here are some of my favs I have put together so far.

These are for Ariel...



Some for Ken...



Ones for me...



Well thats it for me tonight. Will be posting more regularly while Ken is away so he can see what we have been doing. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Cute cookie pics!

Anna Marie said...

Aren't new cameras fun? You make me want to get mine out....it's been stuck in the closet for much too long! Great designs for the shirts, too! you are so talented!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...