Monday, April 07, 2008

Artist Ariel

I woke up this morning to the drumming of rain outside. Blah. It woke Ariel up earlier than usual, and after a night where she woke up at 3am, I wasn't terribly impressed. Oh well. Its part of the process of teething. Sigh. Speaking of which, my poor daughter was sporting a huge rash on her face and under arm from the teething pain. Ugh. I am glad that this morning it was gone again.

Our weekend was pretty busy with meetings and visiting. On Saturday afternoon, once Ken got home from teaching, I headed out to Surrey for a chat with Maria. She shared her presentation for expanding her business and I am so excited to be apart of it. We were having such a great time with brainstorming I totally lost track of time... until the phone rang from my hungry hubby. Sorry hon!

I scooted off and picked up some White Spot chicken burgers for dinner on the way home as a special treat. Over dinner I was overwhelmed with what a wonderful blessing this new opportunity was. I have been itching to expand my portfolio and yet nothing that will totally take me away from my first job as mommy. Ken was very excited for me as always, and we spent the rest of the evening keeping Ariel out of trouble.

Ariel decided that she needed to use real toilet paper when playing potty. There was a huge trail from the bathroom to the hallway where she had moved it to. I am taking this as a good sign for things to come.


The next day we had church in the morning. The Ten Thousand Villages stuff was out and we got some goodies. Ken picked up some more coffee, good for those late night writing sessions. I got 2 new necklaces, perfect for summer.

After church we met up with the family for lunch. Ariel was totally thrilled to be surrounded by so many people who wanted to talk to her. (See her little red cheek. Dumb teeth).


Afterwards we hung out at Nana and Papa's for a bit. Ariel spent much of the time spinning in circles and walking around like she was drunk. Thats when it was time to pack up and head home for a nap... it didn't really happen but the attempt was there. Haha.


After a quiet dinner, I pulled out a fun surprise...


I wanted one of these so badly as a kid. Ken thought it was hilarious and Ariel just wanted to eat the snow cone. This was a fun reward as I hit the 40lb lost mark on Saturday morning. Woot, I am thrilled. Yay!

Later we spent a good majority of the evening sorting things out for the church garage sale. Our hallway is filled with many boxes. Ack! I also got my first promo piece done up for Maria and will get to see the printed one this week when we go up for our photo session.

This morning, the postman brought Ariel a package! She was eager to open it as it was from her Grammy.


Of course she turned to the fastest method of getting the contents out.


Inside was all sorts of fun art supplies for our little artist. The best part was the fact everything was those new sets that don't make a mess! This is huge for us because Ariel really hates being dirty, so to paint with brushes and not worry is fantastic.


So while I did some work this morning, Ariel happily sat and did some creating of her own. It was great to get lots of work done while she was so occupied with coloring.


We will be sending some of her first pieces of art off as a thank you to Grammy this week! Yes, a huge thank you to Grammy!!! From all of us!


Tonight I am meeting up with Christy, Cindy and Gwen in the evening. Gwen is heading off to Saskatchewan next month for school and so this is a little good bye for her. Hope she has a fantastic experience in the great flat lands.... I should have her go to Corner Gas for me. Lol.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Hokey dinah, woman!! 40 pounds??!! Way to go!! That's fantastic!!

(btw, I am so insanely jealous of your Snoopy slush machine. where di you find it? I've been dreaming of those ever since the first time my parents said "no" to it, lol)

Jay said...

LOL. It was at Linens & Things of all places! They have all this summer stuff out right now, and it was with that. If you can't find one I could always pick up an extra one here for you. :)

kelly ens said...

yes, a MAJOR congrats to reaching the 40 mark! how awesome!!!!! I hope you are incredibly proud of yourself :)
i love the artist stuff for Ariel...great ideas for Taeya's upcoming birthday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...