Thursday, April 03, 2008

Walking Our Cares Away

The past few days the sun has been shining and Ariel and I have been able to walk all over town. Its nice to walk and just let all the daily stress float away. Ahhh. I must say I am starting to feel like myself again, and it feels good. Thank you everyone who left such lovely comments. Friends rock!

Yesterday, Ariel and I ended up getting some new sunglasses! She was really intrigued with me picking out a pair, so I had to let her join in. After showing her the rack of kid glasses, she promptly picked the pink ones. The girl likes pink! She was totally loving people stopped to say how cute she looked in them, and that she actually was keeping them on her face. Thats my little accessory queen. Anyhoo, we had to take a picture with them on the deck when we got home. I am now calling her Bono.


The rest of the day we hung out at home. Ariel napped well and I tried out my new 100 calorie popcorn. I however burnt the first bag, since our microwave apparently is super hot, and it only took bearly half the time it said on the box. So the house stunk of burnt popcorn the rest of the day. Yuck.

Today I woke up and the clock was flashing. Doh, power outage. The question was, what time was it. Ariel wasn't up, so either that was a good thing or a bad one. I rebooted the computer and saw it was only 830am. So we got up and had a quick breakfast so we could go out walking again.

Since there were no chores to be done, we went to the park to play. When we arrived, there was a couple training their pugs to do jumps. Ariel was TOTALLY taken with this, and we watched them for quite awhile until she realized there was toys close by. She took off in full pursued of the swings.


Ariel loves to go back...


...and forth!


Then on to some teeter-totter time!


Then came the slide, this was too cute. She might be a big girl most of the time, but I am glad she still wants my help too.



Since I wanted to stop by Nana and Papa's, I had to start convincing Ariel that we had to go. This is never fun, and usually ends with tears. Today, we managed to do better. At first she was really upset, but when we walked through the empty water park, she got really happy again. So we played here for a bit and then moved on, and there weren't any tears, yay.

This was by far the cutest thing that happened. There is a little bridge and I think she thought it was something else. There she goes...


So far, its going well...


Then on the other side, she starts holding on to the edge and crouching low to the ground. After seeing her do this several times I realized that she thinks its another slide!


YAY! I did it myself!


Just a few more cute pictures.



We stopped for a visit with Nana and Papa. His leg is REALLY sore, and it doesn't seem to be improving. You start to wonder if they missed something on the x-ray. He was very happy to see Ariel, and she shared her cookies with him.

On the way home we stopped at the post office and grocery store. I found some corn on the cob, Ken's fav, so we shall see if its any good. Might not be quite ready yet, but for 40 cents a cob, its kinda worth a try. I also found some discount goodies for next Easter for Ariel. I found an Easter bunny Mr Potato Head for $4. Score! She is really starting to like the potato head toy, so it will be a big hit come next year.

Ariel was quite mellow as she has all the comforts of home in her stroller. Here she is getting annoyed with the paparazzi, aka Mommy. She doesn't always want her picture taken...


...but it doesn't last long and she is extending the cracker treaty of peace.


So tomorrow we have a full day. In the morning we have April's coffee party. That will be lots of fun. Then we have to scoot off early so we can go to Ariel's first swimming class! Yes, we finally didn't get canceled! Woot! Afterwards, we will stop at the travel agents office to officially book our Disneyland trip!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! Yes, I am sooooo excited and it will be great to finally have it marked on the calendar. I guess that means I will have to start those princess dresses for Ariel. Hee.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh it looks like you guys had sooo much fun! Slides are Mallory's favorite - her and Ariel could race! :)

kelly ens said...

-love the sunglasses
-ultra-cute pictures, as ever
-i saw that mr. potato head at Superstore...had to pass quickly as not to taunt Taeya :) But i sure did consider it! So cute, hey?

Kristin said...

Those sunglasses are awesome, good find Ariel! :)

Looks like a fun time at the playground, cute pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...