Saturday, April 26, 2008

Garage Sales, Smokies and Paintings Oh My

First off, thank for your lovely comments! Ariel's big swimming day went off perfectly. She was in a great mood and I think she knew the camera was there as she was totally showing off. They didn't say when it was to air, so I may have to call them later this week to find out.

Afterwards we had lunch with Nana and Papa. I can't tell you how much I needed that. Ariel happily ate her cheese pizza and fries, and I got to relax a bit. When we came home I fell asleep on the couch, so I guess I was really overtired. When we both woke up we loaded up our food for the bake sale in the stroller and walked down to the church. It was a gorgeous evening and I couldn't think of driving. So thankfully I managed to get things there in one piece without getting squished. Haha.

I ended up renting a movie for last night once princess was in bed. I got the Nanny Diaries. So I watched it while I was sewing the Tinkerbell outfit. By the time the movie was over I had the top pretty much together and all the petals ready to be attached. I guess that is what I will be doing tonight.

This morning was filled with fun and exciting things. It was a good way to fill the hours before Ken was due home again. Ariel slept in and I had to wake her up at 9am. By the time we were dressed and out the door is was almost 10am. We walked down to the church where the big garage sale was happening. The youth had done a wonderful job setting everything up. The baking table was pretty much empty when we arrived, which for me is ok. Haha. I didn't need to be bringing home cookies. Ariel was still looking for those cupcakes we dropped off yesterday. In fact most of last nights conversation was 'cupcake?'

I did manage to find a cool craft book and Ariel got a nice wooden puzzle. For 50 cents, you can't go wrong. Then we had an early lunch of Mennonite sausage! YUMMY! See that missing bite, thats Ariel's handy work.


Ariel's little friends Chloe and Angela were on hand to play babysitter and I got to have a moment of peace. It was VERY nice.


She was having a blast with the kids...


...flower power!


Ariel tried out some of the kids carnival stuff. She liked the simple coloring station best. Thats our little artist.


We left at noon and stopped by the grocery store to pick up things we needed for dinner. Ariel took great pleasure nibbling on the package of cheese while we waited to check out. What a nut.

On the way home, we stopped in to the local framing shop. They had a guest artist in doing a painting and showing some of his work. Ariel enjoyed watching him paint and snacking on the cookies they had.


Then home for a nap... that didn't happen. She was quiet but I think she knew Daddy was coming so when he got home I let him get her up. Its so nice to have him home. He brought some treats for me and Ariel. She got a license plate with her name. She has one from Michigan, perhaps we need to get them from all the States?


A puppy in a purse... BIG HIT!


Finally, a new puppet friend, Mr Cow. She seemed quite taken with him.


Ken said we will all have to go back at some point for a trip, and I agree. Looking at his blog while he was gone made me want to go even more. Next time for sure!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jay, I am so glad your hubby is home again with you guys!! Oh and that sausage looks SOOOO good! My mouth is watering after having a oh so appetizing protein shake for lunch LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...