Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bye Bye Hubby

Just a quick little post tonight before I go to bed. Just was chatting with my sweetie online. Go check out his blog for full trip coverage. Hee.

This morning was filled with running around and finishing the list of things we had to get done before Ken was to leave. We did get time for a quick bite at the cafe this morning. It was very nice indeed. Ariel of course was thrilled to have her quiche. Yum.

Ken spent some time with Ariel before he left. She loves interacting with the puppets. Its like our own Sesame Street here sometimes. Haha.





When Ariel woke up from her nap, Daddy was gone. She looked around for him for a long time before giving up. To take her mind of it we went down to the Telus BBQ. I picked up some info to read through, although I am not sure if we switch or not, I haven't heard great things about the internet speed. Either way, it wasn't high pressure, and the food was good. Ariel ate a whole hot dog (with bun) and half a hamburger (with bun). Everyone was getting a kick out of her, and she was thrilled to have an audience.

Now for some VERY exciting news. Regular readers may know of our 'special' neighbors, the ones that the cops visit every few weeks. The same ones that brought out the full armored cops with shields and bullet proof vests because their was a rumor of a gun (wasn't true, just a lie to get attention by the girlfriend). Oh yeah, that was when my Nana was coming by and was sent away for safety. Yeah... that kinda freaked her out, and I was late for meeting my friends due to a lock down on the building. Yes, the time has come to announce that they are MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get an amen!

There was a big pile of boxes outside the door and I never get my hopes up anymore with these guys. Anyhoo, I was chatting it up with another neighbor at the BBQ and she mentioned they were going to the co op housing. Well, I won't be sending an application to that one. Gosh, I wonder if they know what they are getting into. I am sure our building manager gave a great recommendation just to get them out. Who knows... sigh. Either way, I am happy I don't need to hide their drunken behavior from my daughter anymore.

Its really sad because when they aren't drunk, they are really nice... but they like to drink. Not much that can be done. They were the only thing that I really didn't like about our home, especially after Ariel was born. When it was just us, it was somewhat entertaining, but with a child, its scary.

Ok, back to fun stuff. So after the BBQ, we came home and Ariel played while I kept her happy with good danceable itunes songs. I found a new hit tonight for her. A good old 80's song. Haha, anyone remember this one. I am so happy I have an 80's loving daughter. Hee. Man this is cheesy... don't you miss this stuff?




Well I should wrap up here. Tomorrow is sewing day at Stella's. YAY! I will leave you with the picture of the day.


Awe... Ariel misses you Daddy! So do I. Love you babe!

4 comments:

Dianne said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Good bye crazy neighbours!!

Agreed - crazy neighbours make for great blog fodder, but they're just not something you want to have to shield your kids from. Besides, they can get in the way of a good night's sleep.

So far our Calgary neighbours are... NOT crazy!!! Hope you get some good 'uns in there next.

Jill Brochard said...

OK -- you did not just say Debbie Gibson is cheezy, did you?? I listened to her cassette so many times when I was a kid that the tape actually broke. ;) ;) ;)

Yeah!! Glad the wierd neighbors are leaving!!

Jay said...

No,Debbie isn't cheesy, just the video. Hahaha. Me loves 80's music. Whee

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay! :)

Glad your crazy neighbors are moving...I've had my share of those and it's so much nicer to have neighbors who are a little more "normal".

LOL...I had (and still do) much love for Debbie Gibson!! Hope my daughter loves her too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...