Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A New Trick

Well, last night Ariel wasn't happy about going to bed. In fact, she was down right angry about it. I have on several occasions let her cry it out. Usually she gives in and sleeps, sometimes she needs a cuddle... last night she didn't want to do either. In complete shock, I found my little baby girl climbing out of her crib. Excuse me?!

I put her back once she calmed down and again she did it. Good grief. I had no choice but to have her go to sleep in our bed and then transfer her back to the crib. In the morning she was kind enough to demonstrate her new trick for the camera.


I was fearing the worst at nap time today, but she went to sleep. Tonight for bed she went down with no problem, only to cry later and proceed to climb out. I do believe if the rest of the week continues this way, its toddler bed city for us. Thankfully, Ariel's crib transforms into a toddler bed, so I just need to pull down the pieces from her closet. My baby isn't a baby anymore... she is pure trouble. Haha.

Today Ariel and I had to run out to Michael's Craft store to pick up some supplies Ken needed for puppet building this week. He leaves next week for San Fransisco and will be filming his lessons for the online course. Very cool. However, we got stuck finding everything he needed. It only took 3 phone calls to his cel to get it all right. Haha.

We came home and went for a walk around town. It was really nice today and actually kinda warm too! While out I ran into several friends and got to chat it up. We came home for lunch and naps. I spent most of the afternoon reading Disney message boards. I have been reading some great tips and have been making notes for our upcoming trip. Whee.

After Ariel woke up, I had to change her outfit since she was a big drool mess. Thanks so much eye teeth. I ended up putting on an outfit she got at her birthday from Julie and her family. It is JUST fitting now, the skirt is still baggy on her, but the tops fit well. When I stepped back I saw a girl... not my baby. Wow.


Tonight we had chicken burgers, yummy, and as a treat I added some avocado as well. Dang those where soooo good. Then I watched the finale of the Biggest Loser, and was totally thrilled that we FINALLY have our first woman winner! Yay pink team. Even Ariel clapped along.

Tomorrow we are stuck at home... blah. We are waiting for a delivery from the UPS man, a special package Ken needs for his trip. Sooooo, I hope it comes early enough so I can get out for a bit. If not, its gonna be a long day.

9 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

for you!! I hope Leïla will stay in her crib for at least another year ;) Ariel looks like such a young lady in her outfit!! Too cute -- as always!

Dianne said...

hehehe... what a little monkey.

Amy said...

OH trouble!! She mush be really flexible to get that first leg all the way up there!! And yes, YAY pink team! I was so happy Alli won! I can't believe she was 122!! That's small! We are stuck at home waiting for the Fedex man today too! boo! Hope your guy comes soon!

Amy said...

oh and I tagged you with a fun tag too BTW! Check out my blog!

Brenda said...

Wow! Knock on wood, I don't think Mallory's anywhere near escaping from her crib. Go Ariel! :)

Love that outfit - so grown up!

kelly ens said...

i just LOVE those pictures...seems like such a cheeky thing to do :)
VERY cute outfit Ariel's wearing...but then again, when ISN'T she dressed ultra-cute???

Kristin said...

A toddler bed is in our near future too, not because Marin is climbing out but because we will need the crib for Corban soon. Should be interesting...

Yes I agree Ariel is looking very grown up, what a cutie she is!

Tera said...

Thank Ariel for the fabulous demonstration! :) Maybe she wants to be a gymnast! Thankfully, Brynna is so short, we don't even have the crib on the lowest setting yet! Adorable in her new outfit. These little babes are growing up too fast!

Michelle said...

ohh look at the monkey escaping..I hope the man in brown came without too long of a wait...have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...