Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday and a Future TV Star!

Ok, Amy tagged me so I have to start with this little thing. So grab a snack like Ariel and read on!


10 reasons I stink-

1. I am really sensitive at times. I totally take situations or comments very personally. I am working on developing a thicker skin.

2. I hate dusting!!!!!!! There are way to many dust bunnies around here, and yet part of me doesn’t care. Wow, bad housewife eh?

3. I have issues with things missing. It drives me nuts and I tear the house apart until I find it. If I can’t, then its REALLY ugly.

4. I hate the phone. I rather email, strange but true. Can’t stand ordering food via phone, its like I think they are making fun of me once I hang up. Can you say issues?

5. I have a BAD temper when set off. Thankfully, it doesn’t happen much.

6. I can’t do spontaneous stuff, I stress. I need to plan, plan, plan!

7. I have an addiction to stuffed toys. Ask to see my Beanie Baby collection sometime. Hee.

8. I can be very impatient… sad but true.

9. I hate flying and traveling in general. Usually anything longer than a week is too long. I am such a home body.

10. I really prefer to do things myself, I am uber picky. Haha. Its my inner Martha!

OK, so now to the 10 reasons I rock!

1. I love surprising people and spoiling them.

2. I am kicking butt on this weight loss thing! Over 40lb lost, woot!

3. I am the arts and craft girl. Bring it on, I love it all!

4. I love being a stay at home mommy, it’s the best job!

5. I love my freelance work, it keeps me creative and keeps me at home.

6. I love to cook for my family, and presentation is just as important as taste.

7. I love music! I play it loud at home and dance in the grocery store when no one is looking… ok, sometimes they are looking. Haha.

8. Don’t tell me I can’t, because I will show you I can!

9. I love being involved and connected to our church family and community.

10. I have the most amazing husband and daughter, it doesn’t get much better than that!

Ok, I tag Dianne and Brenda.

Now onto life in general. Things have been pretty crazy around here. Ken is preparing for leaving next week, and he has the PIXAR event at the school all weekend, so it makes for some long days. Hence the lack in blogging. He is taking the Monday off before he leaves so we can spend the day together. We need to go buy him new pants since he has lost 15lb himself while eating the same foods as me. Woot, looking good babe, not that he had to loose anything, but he is pleased regardless. Getting healthy rocks.

Another big announcement was that Ken got a raise at work! Woot! We are celebrating tonight with a special dinner from the Boot. Yum. He is such a wonderful, hard working man and fantastic daddy. Such a blessing he is. Ariel loves him so much, she is always hanging off him. Hee.


Mommy! I wanna see the picture!


Some early morning coloring is good for the soul.


Well after our 2 nights of crib climbing and mommy pulling her hair out that we had to move to the toddler bed, Ariel has since ceased! Yes, the past 2 nights she fell asleep like an angel and no escaping. Yay. I don't know if she was just in a better mood, as we have 2 little eye teeth poking out of her top gum now! Can I get an AMEN! Or that it wasn't fun anymore. Either way, the toddler bed transition as gone to the back burner until further notice. I am hoping we can wait till her birthday, but we shall see. I guess this part of my blog is brought to you by the number 2.

Not much else to say about the past few days. Ariel got a new cup from Safeway. Its a little freezer cup with a straw. The girl LOVES straws, and its been her favorite cup to use.


Today we had swimming class in the morning. We had to sign release forms today because it turns out the little local tv station is coming to film our class next week. They are doing a feature on the water babies class and what happens in one. Very cool, but now what bathing suit should Ariel wear?

Pink turtle...


...red strawberries...


...or blue fishies?


At this point, I am leaning toward the fishies... but I will take your thoughts into consideration so let me know! I am trying to distract the fact that I will be on tv in my bathing suit as well. Gack!

In other news, the garage sale stuff has pretty much left our house! Yay! Youth Pastor Dan and his team came and picked it up, so I am very happy to have our hallway back again.

I also have been busy online (whenever I get a moment, not much lately) looking at Disneyland stuff. Remember the above statement, I must PLAN!!! I joined a Disney message board and have gotten some fun ideas and craft projects to do for our trip. I want to make us some t-shirts and a few more 'character' outfits for Ariel. I found some cheap Nemo material and plan to make another little sun dress for her. I also found a cute Little Mermaid dress on ebay. Its being handmade for her. I got a great deal, and for a gal who sews, I know the price I paid isn't worth the time in making it! How cute is this! I love the fabric!


I will post little goodies as I make them. I can happily say next week I have a sewing date with Stella to start the Cinderella and Tinkerbell costumes!!!!!!! YAY! I would have started sooner but I hate to cut without a good table and an extra set of eyes. Its stressful to make that first cut!

Well I just got a call from Ken, he is swamped at work, so its gonna be a late dinner celebration. Oh well, better late and never. Good thing Ariel stuffed herself at lunch with Nana and Papa. She had them both feeding her, and then she had who knows how many chocolate chip cookies. Did I mention her favorite number is 2. You say one cookie, she says '2'. Yeah, its a good thing your cute. Haha.

9 comments:

Tera said...

My vote is for the blue fishies too...and this is coming from a Mom who bought the strawberry suit! The Ariel dress is really cute. I can not wait to see the costumes!!

Kim said...

I like the blue fishies too :-) And generally speaking, I prefer e-mailing to the telephone too!

Congrats to Ken on the raise!

Anonymous said...

Blue fishies all the way!!
Robyn

Amy said...

OK- I love the fishies suit! And YAY for tagging Brenda too!! We can't wait to meet up with you guys in a few months!

kelly ens said...

they are all so cute, but personally, i'm a fan of the turtle one the most (i know...go against the grain, right?).
about you wearing your bathing suit...this is your chance to SHINE! you've lost over 40 lbs and you look GREAT, so i say look forward to showing of your new bod on tv :)

Kristin said...

My vote is for the turtle one too. :)

You guys are going to have SO much fun on your trip I can't wait to see ALL the pictures you will have to share!

Dianne said...

vote: blue fishies!

the little mermaid dress is adorable! and you totally have me dreaming of taking our future-tot on a disneyland vacation someday. whee!

Jill Brochard said...

Just for confusion I'm voting for the turtle! :) All three are cute! I'm another one who hates to telephone (at least in France) I will go out of my way to drive somewhere so I won't have to call!

Brenda said...

Hmm...I'm kind of leaning toward the turtle, myself! Mallory and I are signed up for swimming lessons this summer - can't wait! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...