Thursday, April 24, 2008

Busy Bee

I wasn't going to post tonight but since I am not sleepy (yet I should be) I figured hey why not. You may also notice the change in header and background. Ken said I needed to update my heading. I already miss the picture of my baby, but I guess she isn't a baby anymore. Perhaps this is the cause of my ever rising baby fever. Gack. Seems like everyone I know is expecting. I am very happy for them all, but I long for the turn again to be mine. All in time...

Let me sum up the past few days with this statement. Anyone who is a single parent out there deserves some serious LOVE! Its not easy, in fact its down right hard. It doesn't help that I am extremely emotional, tired and sore. I was on my feet all day baking for the church's garage and bake sale this weekend. Add in a busy toddler and it makes for a very long day.

It started with us heading out to get more cupcake papers, since I thought I had enough, WRONG. Then before leaving our fridge light burnt out, so added that to the list. Tried not to stay out too long since we had a huge list to complete, but it was soooo nice out. I miss my walks when life gets busy. Sigh. Came home and started baking. Ariel of course helped as much as she could.


We made cupcakes with fancy icing...


...peanut butter cookies...


...yummy white buns (oh how I miss thee)...


...and some banana bread.


At the end of the day its all wrapped pretty ready to be dropped off tomorrow evening. Yay. It was a huge job, but I hope they help bring in some good money to help out.

Yesterday, Ariel and I went to visit Stella in the morning to cut out the costume patterns. Ariel didn't seem that overly excited and spent most of her time snacking on fish crackers.


By noon all the pieces were cut and we came home. During Ariel's nap I spent the time sewing the top of the dress. Ariel got up later and played as I continued to sew. As I was nearly finished and was sergering the edge of the sleeve, I noticed there was a fold in the material. GACK!!!!!!!!!! Long story short, I had created a nice hole right smack in the front of the top thanks to it being cut from the blade of the serger. Noooooo! I was so upset I started to cry in pure shock. Then Ariel started crying because I was and then Ken happened to call. Bad timing on his part. He got to listen to us both blubber.


I ended up having to re-cut the pieces of the top from the remaining material and do it again. There was no way to hide it or make it less noticeable. It was NASTY. Thankfully, it was much faster the second time around. By the end of the evening, I had a brand new top finished, and managed to finish the seams without destroying this one.

Today, once Ariel woke up from her nap, she modeled it so I could then measure how long the skirt would be. Can you tell she just got up. Haha.


I then spent tonight putting the skirt together. Lots of material! Satin, lining and tulle, oh my! Eek! Its like a baby prom dress. Haha.


After all was said and done, here it hangs! Sorry I should have turned the light off when taking the picture. Blah. I have pinned on the lace and it still needs a zipper and some ribbon trim. I am quite happy with how it turned out, and can't wait to start the Tinkerbell one. I think I will need a long nap first.


Tomorrow is the big filming day at the pool. We have decided to go with the blue fish suit, since it got the most votes. I posted a poll on my Gymboree board too and it was the big winner getting over 50% of the vote, the remainder was a even split for the other suits. Thanks for your help! Will tell you how it goes. Those in the area to see if, I shall email the date when it will air, if they tell us.

After swimming we have been invited to lunch with Nana and Papa. Should be a nice treat after the busy week. Plus Ariel is dying to see them. Every time the phone rings she yells NANA! PAPA!

Tonight we chatted with Ken briefly. He got to watch Ariel dance to Debbie Gibson via the web cam. It was pretty funny. Of course he was sad to see me looking so tired and worn out. Have a good time honey, and don't worry about us, you'll be home soon enough.

Ok, its way late, time for bed! Good night!

8 comments:

Amy said...

OK, first off now I want some baked good for breakfast ;) second, that dress looks beautiful! I am glad you still had enough extra material left over to cut a new piece- I have had it go the other way, and have to make a trip back to the fabric store UGH! Hang in there Momma, you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a beautiful dress!! I bet Ariel is going to feel like a proper princess!

And you make some amazing looking cupcakes!!

kelly ens said...

agreed - FIFTY cheers for single parents!!!! they're amazing!
those cupcakes...oh MY!!!! talk about a lot of work you had to do in the kitchen!
i LOVe the dress - so beautiful!

Kristin said...

Mmmm, you baking looks SO good!

I would have probably cried too about the dress, I bet you are happy to have finished though! I looks good, and will be totally cute on Ariel!

Tera said...

What a fabulous job on the Cinderella dress! It's perfect! Ariel is a perfect little model. And WOW, those are some awesome cupcakes!

Kim said...

Mmmmmm, cupcakes! They look delicious!! The Cinderella dress looks fantastic! Ariel will have lots of special memories of the beautiful Cinderella dress her amazing mom made for her!

Jeremy said...

Wow! The dressed turned out beautiful!

Your baked goods look great as well!

I hope you have a restful night as the morning sure does come fast. :-)

Erin

Michelle said...

wow!!! forget the disney store... i'd rather get a lovely cinderella dress from you Jay!!!! what a wonderful job you did on the cupcakes and peanut butter cookies.yum.. have a good weekend..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...