Friday, April 04, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake

That was one of my favorite toys growing up. Although, I was born in the late 70's, I am primarily a child of the 80's. Love my Care Bears, Cabbage Patch Kids and of course Strawberry Shortcake. Today, my child is having to live through my old obsessions. I would like to introduce my own little Strawberry Shortcake! Mommy is loving this, soooooooooo much. Hee.


This morning, Ariel woke up at 5am due to some serious pain with her teeth. I finally saw that the first eye tooth is breaking though on the top gum. YAY! She came to our bed and stayed till morning. She was still sleeping when I got up at 830am. Since we didn't need to be at the coffee party till 10am, I let her sleep late. Poor girl needed it. We got dressed and ready to go. Ariel wanted to try and put on her shoes this morning. She did pretty good.


It was totally dumping rain outside today! Pretty nasty and cold, glad we were busy with inside activities. Irene was hosting the party this month and had made up a special waffle for Ariel. She was quite thrilled!


It was nice to visit with those who were able to come, although we were missing a good handful of people. Nana was able to attend thanks to Brad taking Papa out for coffee, thank you! We had to duck out early to head over to the pool for our swim class! Ariel was all ready to go.


Our class is really great, and I am so happy it finally came together. There are 5 other kids, all ranging in ages. The oldest is 2.5 and the youngest is a 1 month old. Ariel is right in the middle age wise. I must say she did take a liking to the older boy with the blond curls. She was totally taken with him, and wanted to give him a high five after they did back floats. Too cute.

Our teacher is a guy this time, and he was sooo wonderful with the kids. I noticed that this time around, Ariel was really getting more into the songs. After everyone game or song she said 'AGAIN'. She also amazed me with her lack of fear. The kids were to stand on the edge (those who could stand) and jump to us in the water. Ariel didn't want my hand and jumped in without a care in the world. We had to keep doing this since she would howl with laughter and kept saying 'again'. Teacher was impressed with my little fish, I am a proud momma. After class, and a few tears that it was over, we got changed and had some fish crackers.


As we were leaving, we saw Jen and talked to her briefly. Ariel was getting hungry for lunch and tried to take off towards the snack stand. I guess maybe one day we will have lunch as a treat. Maybe on the last class, or if we invite someone to come watch.

We piled back into the car, the rain was still dumping, blah. Ariel was happy to see puppy again, but still traded him for the remaining fish crackers. Talked to the travel agent and picked our flight times. She is now booking everything and by next week we should have everything all together. They have a great deal for 5 days at Disneyland for the price of 3, gotta love that. I hope the next few months go fast, I can't wait to go!!!!


Ariel had a nice good nap today, which was great since yesterday she didn't sleep at all, ugh. I am choosing to put her down later and wake her up sooner to see if that helps with her night time sleeping. I must say it was nice having a calmer playtime before she went down. She was such a little sweetie playing with her pig car. She even helped clean up the toys, and didn't re-dump the basket afterwards, always a plus!


After the nap, we walked down to the close grocery store and picked up a tomato for our burgers. Yes, we were having my favorite ' the almost fast food burger' and sweet potato fries. Both recipes from my Biggest Loser cookbook. Yummy.


I always add more veggies with tomato, lettuce, mushrooms and red onion, soo good. Since Ariel hates red meat, I cooked her some chicken. She had it with some fries, mushrooms and a little salad. She went right for the salad first! Sometimes she just surprises me. That wouldn't have been my choice at that age. Hee.


Not sure what I have planned for tomorrow morning yet. I guess it depends on the weather. I do have a meeting in the afternoon with Maria, once Ken gets home. Uncle Bill and Aunt Penny are also coming out this weekend at some point. So, thats all from me! Hope you all have a good weekend!

6 comments:

Kim said...

You have an adorable Strawberry Shortcake! Care Bears were always a personal favourite of mine :-)

Jill Brochard said...

That SSC outfit is so precious -- plus Ariel is just the perfect model! What a fish you have -- that must be cute to see!

Brenda said...

Wow, that's a lot of strawberries - even the swimsuit! :) I had to laugh when I saw the salad picture...Mallory shared my salad with my a couple nights ago - totally shocked me!

Tera said...

I can tell we're the same age! :) I still have one of my strawberry shortcake dolls! Glad to hear Ariel is enjoying her swim lessons!

Kristin said...

Aww, what a cute little strawberry short cake you have!
Love her bathing suit!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...