Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bloody Sunday

This morning Ariel came into our room around 6am, and fell asleep between us. At 8am I got up for a shower and Ken went to get breakfast ready, Ariel was still fast to sleep and we decided to let her sleep like we always do. While in the shower I hear a loud 'THUD!' I grimaced, knowing that couldn't be good, it was soon followed by 'WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!'

I poked my head out the shower to call her, thinking she just spooked herself mostly, but when she came running at me I froze. Her face was COVERED in blood! I jumped out of the shower calling Ken. I couldn't tell if it was her nose, mouth or both. I sat her on the toilet and started wiping her face, but the whole time she is trying to wipe the blood away herself with her hands. She would get a glance at the blood and cry louder and say 'BOOGERS, BOOGERS!' Its funny now, but at the time it was heartbreaking. I managed to see her teeth were still all in tact, and she just bit her lip and bumped her nose resulting in the one side bleeding.

Within 10 minutes the blood had stopped, pjs were being soaked to get rid of the blood and Ariel was somewhat happy. She ate her breakfast and was fine, such a trooper. I was a little shaky afterwards of course, and was thankful to be in the nursery today so I could watch her and make sure she was fine. Thankfully she is doing fine and is back to her regular self.

Ariel was even happy enough to pose with her little friends Maddy and Nicole, in their matching gymbo dresses from summer. It was our last chance to get this picture taken before it got too cold for the girls to wear them, so thankfully we pulled it off because they are TOO CUTE!


In the afternoon I went to a baby shower for a new gal at church. It was really fun and I won a candle for being able to figure out the 4 mystery baby foods. Lol, can I put that on my resume? Hehe.

This week was a blur... a big one. I am finally feeling more like my old self. On Friday I decided to go to the doctor to see if it was in fact food poisoning or not. After much discussion, she was pretty sure it wasn't but we still did a test to make sure. Haven't heard the results yet, but my stomach isn't sounding like a motorbike anymore so I know its much better. Woot!

Ariel watched ANTM with me this week while I was sick. Check out her 'Tyra eyes'. Hehe.


While I have been sick, I didn't cook nor really eat. Thus this somewhat left Ken and Ariel on their own and they had pancakes more than once. Ariel didn't seem to mind, and enjoyed helping Daddy.


When Saturday rolled around, Ariel and I went off to Dad and Rita's while Ken went to teach downtown. Ariel, being the pro after this week, helped make the pancakes.


Hmmm, yummy! I am a good cook!


Katie was over that day as well, so it was nice for Ariel to get some playtime since Mommy hasn't been much fun this week. Ugh. Ariel took a liking to this game with the pretty colored pieces... although not really playing it, Ariel thought it was great.


She also was showing off her excellent jumping skills!


We came home for a rest and during that time Ken arrived home too. It was the big Riverdays celebration for BC's 150th birthday, so outside our place was a street filled with games and activities. I really wished I was up to going, but I ended up sleeping on the couch for a few hours.

After dinner I felt strong enough to go for a walk out to the night market. Ariel had a gift certificate for a free ice cream cone that she won at last year's Fall Festival, that was about to expire, so she happily used it up. Cookies and cream, ooh.


We ran into lots of friends from church and the community and had a good time, even if it was a bit crowded for my liking. It was a warm night and so relaxing. Ahhh.

Tomorrow starts a new week and Ariel has dance class, yay! Not planning too much, as I want to keep my energy up as I recovery still. This bug really took a bite out of me, so not cool. Ugh. Well, I am going to get back to editing our photopass pictures from Disneyland (the ones they take in the park). They got some BEAUTIFUL ones of Ariel in her Cinderella dress in front of the castle, I can't wait to show them here but I have to wait till the disc comes. Have a good week everyone!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Jay ;-) and Ariel looks full of energy...

Kristen said...

Poor thing (both of you) Hope everyone is all better :)

Amy said...

Glad the "boogers" were not more serious! Whew! It's tough catching up after a vacation, esp. when you are sick! Glad everyone is feeling better!

Dianne said...

Glad that you (and Ariel's nose!) are feeling better.

I just noticed... Ariel and Hana have the same beautiful dark eyes. Fun stuff :)

Ok, yes, I have a one track mind these days. All Hana all the time. It's a good thing you love me anyway, because I can't help it!

Kim said...

I'm glad that you're starting to feel better! And I'm glad that Ariel's "boogers" turned out to be not that serious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...