Friday, September 19, 2008

Good Bye California!

It was a sad morning saying goodbye to this trip. During breakfast I was somewhat mellow, being so close to the park and seeing people walk there and yet we were going the other way was depressing. I don't think we are going to wait another 6 years to go back again this time.

Our shuttle to the airport arrived at 940am and we got to LAX shortly after 11am, so that was good and bad at the same time since we had much more time to kill and it wasn't the most exciting place. No kids play area, so Ken let Ariel run around to burn off steam. She ended up meeting a little boy, get this, named Sebastian! His dad thought it was funny that they met, meant to be I guess. Hee. I ended up hanging in the news stand reading Tori Spellings bio book, and finished it (strange but entertaining). When I went to rejoin Ken and Ariel we all got a big surprise....



...there was MIKE AND JO! They were on route to Mexico, and were getting their connection at LAX. How wacky was that?! Had to snap a picture because it was too funny. Ariel got to show off some of her Disney loot. Have a great trip guys, and we will see you when you get back! Shortly afterwards we went to board our plane. The flight attendants were loving Ariel's crown (which she insisted she wear, I was hoping she wear the mouse ears, oh well). It was a royal flight indeed.


I am sure there were other princesses on the flight, as several people we saw were also carrying Disneyland bags like us. We even saw another family with the same letter art that we got done for Ariel. When we took off we saw the beautiful beach, and made a note that next time we need to visit it for sure.


It wasn't too long, in fact it was like 5 minutes into the flight, and Ariel was out. The flight attendants were calling her Sleeping Beauty. Hee. She slept the whole time and it was a nice break for Ken and I. While I read a few chapters of my book, Ken grabbed a short nap, very relaxing, ahhh.


The flight was smooth and non eventful, my favorite kind. We landed and made our way to customs only to realize Ken forgot his hat on the plane so he rushed back to get it. Dad met us at the terminal to pick us up, thanks again! Ariel was a bit groggy when we found him but soon started chatting up a storm about her Disneyland experience.

We are now home safe and sound... and with a big pile of laundry. Haha. Ah well, back to routines again, and perhaps a quite weekend to recover from our busy week. I shall end this trip with this picture, since I think it sums it all up. Thanks for reading along with our adventure, and I hope you had fun visiting the park with us. We now return to our regular scheduled programming.


(slide show will be finished this weekend, stay tuned)

6 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Ok, you're almost making me want to go to Disney ;) I have only gone once and that was when I was 5!

kelly ens said...

I know i haven't commented on your trip yet, but I've been reading the daily updates and just LOVING the pictures. I mostly love how much Ariel got into the characters and taking pictures with them, etc. You guys obviously had a GREAT time, and I will have to take some special time with Taeya to show her all your pictures, cuz i know she'll love them!
glad you made it home safely :)

Amy said...

Come back soon!!! Glad you made it home safely! Oh and thanks again for the treats, I am actually eating my chocolate bar right now!! :) mmm, it's so good!

Megan said...

I WANT TO GO.
NOW.

Looks like you had a great time! I've been squirling away my Stephen Harper cheques to save up for a trip to Disneyland!

Katrina said...

Yay, glad you guys had such a great time!

Kristie said...

How fun! I've really enjoyed reading your blog and love seeing the pics of the trip. I think I've even convinced Rob into a Disney trip next summer (instead of waiting until G is 5, like we had originally planned). Thanks for that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...