Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hello Fall!

Monday morning Ariel and I walked down to her ballet class and I couldn't help but notice the smell in the air. It really is fall now, and the leaves are following suit very quickly into beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. I think this is one of my favorite times of year, its so stunning.

So this particular morning I met one of 'THOSE' parents at Ariel's class. We arrived early and no one had arrived yet. I parked the stroller in the closest corner and got Ariel changed into her dance gear. She was eager to see her friends and was watching the window intently.

It was then a woman with 4 kids and a grandparent in tow came in. She approached me and I though, ooh she is coming to say hi... er no. When I smiled at her she snapped 'WE use this corner for our boys.' I was caught off guard by her statement. I am sure I looked like a dope... eh? 'We have 3 boys and this is a ballet class (like I didn't know) and we put them here to stay out of the way.' I glanced around the empty room and the 4 other corners available.... and without a comment I moved. Looking back now I wonder if I should have challenged her or at least questioned why she had to be so rude about it. Had she simply said please at least, I wouldn't feel so crappy. Geeze, what is with people. Perhaps I will bring LOTS of junk next week and use that corner. Hahaha... evil me.

Regardless of the wacko corner lady, Ariel had a wonderful time and danced happily with her friends. She is doing quite well following most of the exercises, and by far her favorite thing is dancing with the ribbons. Very sweet.


Today Stella called early to invite us to go down to the beach. Since the good weather will be coming to an end soon we jumped at the chance. We went to pick her up and Lala surprised us with some lovely gifts from her trip to Nova Scotia. I got some pretty Celtic earrings and a cupcake book. Ariel got a sweet t-shirt, story book and new lobster friend. (They later spent time reading together, awe.)


It didn't take long to get Ariel into picking up rocks and throwing them.


The day was just so warm that for a moment it didn't feel like fall. The water however wasn't so toasty, so maybe no swimming today.


She was so caught up in what she was doing. Must find rocks to throw.


I really like this shot.


After striping Ariel down from her wet clothes and changed into clean and dry ones, we scooted off to have lunch with Nana and Papa. Ariel again proved that she is one impressive eater. She polished off a bowl of potato soup, a croissant sandwich with coleslaw and then a fruit cup and cookie for dessert. Dang, where does she put it?

Tomorrow we are going into town to spend Mommy's gymbucks! I am hoping they have the Christmas dress I want to get her at our store. If not I guess I have to order it, but if they do, expect a fashion show tomorrow. Yay! Ok, off to watch Biggest Loser, woot!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

What a corner bully! I am not ready for fall although it is very pretty. I think we have a few more beach/pool days left. I can't wait to get Ella in ballet! Thank-you so much for reminding me about gymbucks!!

Jill Brochard said...

Next week get to class early and bring tons of stuff, borrow a dog if you can and dump everything in that corner. Bring a little camping chair and set it up before she gets there --- I hate people who think they own everything -- be evil!!!

Tera said...

Sorry I haven't commented much lately, but I read every post. :) I'm debating on whether to use my gymbucks online tomorrow or wait until I get to the store. Why do I have to work on Thursdays of all days?! :) I hope they have Ariel's dress!

Kristin said...

I think your response to "corner lady" was the best one to give. What I don't understand is why one would bring 3 boys to ballet class, if Grandma and Grandpa were there why didn't they just stay home with the boys... some people!

Love the beach pics, it is always such a great place to take pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...