Monday, September 15, 2008

Disneyland - Day 2

Aloha! That was our morning in a nutshell! We were up and out the door for our reservation at Lilo and Stitch's breakfast over at the Disneyland Paradise Pier hotel. We walked from our hotel, which was about 40 minutes since we took the long route to get some exercise.


On our way we saw these beautiful birds of paradise flowers. Gorgeous!!!


Also some amazing palm trees. Nothing like the weenie ones back home. Haha.


We made our way to the back to find the big sign welcoming us. I am a HUGE stitch fan! So when I saw him walking around inside I was giddy. Hee.


When we got inside, Ariel was given a lei and we had our pictures taken with both Minnie and Daisy. (Sorry, don't have a scanner to show them. Will post them when we get home). Ariel was LOVING Minnie. I must say my idea of taking Ariel to the character meals was a good one. It was a great environment to see them in and very non threatening and frankly you get more time with them too.

We went and grabbed breakfast. Such a great selection of food, most with a Hawaiian twist.


Yummy! The salmon was amazing!


Then Ariel got a visit from Pluto. She was being all coy at first...


... but grinned for pictures. She is gonna thank me later. Haha.


Then I got my wish, Stitch finally made his way to our table. Oh gosh I heart him!!!


Lilo came around too and loved Ariel's Hawaiian clothes I dressed her in that morning.


Before we left, Ariel had to do some dancing to the music they had playing. I am sure she managed to wear off her breakfast in that short time.

We packed up and headed to meet Amy and Boston at the big California letters. It was sooooooo exciting to get to meet her and her little guy. Its strange when you talk so much online and finally you have proof they are real. Haha.


Amy and Boston surprised Ariel with a pair of mouse ears with her name on them. Its great since I can put away the ones we got her in her memory box and she still has a set to play with around the house. Thank you so much guys! That was so special!

We road some rides in the Bugs Life area. Ariel and Boston were all smiles that's for sure. Boston comes to Disneyland lots, so he was showing Ariel which way to go. Very cute.


This is one Amy took of the kids on the carousel. So cute!


Amy was kind enough to stay with Ariel a few times so Ken and I could do some of the rides she is too small to go on. We did the Soaring over California, which is amazing and California Screaming. Ok, I haven't done a roller coaster since grade 10, so lets just say for me to do this one was crazy! The line was short so I didn't have time to chicken out, thanks to Amy having a fast pass for us to use, thanks again for that. Here is the shot Ken took before the ride...


...and after. Ack! I screamed.... a lot. Especially when we went upside down! Yes, I went upside down and I don't plan on doing it again any time soon.


Ariel, Boston and I then watched Ken and Amy do the Maliboomer, because there was no WAY I was doing it. The kids couldn't bear to watch. Lol. Basically it shoots you up straight in the air, then comes down. Eek.


After rides we met Allie and her girls Avery and Ainsley for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe.


The sound effects of the storm were a little spooky for the kids (Ariel didn't seem phased at all, maybe because she is use to Vancouver rain storms. Haha)



Ken and I shared an appetizer plate, very tasty.


Ariel had pasta, also a hit.


After lunch we took some photos. Trying to pose 4 kids isn't easy. Haha!


Online friends finally meeting in person! (Amy, Allie and Me)


Our kids that helped us to meet, the Born in August 2006 Babies (not looking like babies anymore either)!


Group shot... and then we said goodbye and we took Ariel back to the hotel for a nap... but she was out even before we got to our room. Poor little thing, it was a busy morning.


After a nap, we came back to the park and guess who was there, Mickey and Minnie! We got pictures with both. Minnie was too cute for words. Hee.



We also saw Mary Poppins and Bert.


They came up to Ariel and said hello. Very sweet.


We did a few more rides, of course the carousel again. I love this shot.



Dinner was chicken at the Plaza Inn and then we decided to watch the parade. We totally want to see it again this week and film it, as we all were spellbound with it. I'll try and get some of it to post on here. Yay!


After the parade we went to downtown Disney and Ariel got a puppy at Build a Bear and we got some goodies at one of the Disney shops. I found a photo album to put all our pictures in, and Ken found some Wall-E stuffies. Ariel started talking about her binkie, so we knew it was time to call it a day. So back to our room for a snack of pizza and some tv.


Tomorrow morning we get to go into the park an hour early because of our passes. We also are booked for lunch at Ariel's Grotto to see the princesses. So tune in tomorrow for more Disney fun.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

That is sooo awesome! I wish I was there.:) Love Ariel's little Tink dress (well, at least the part I can see.) You guys all look terrific - what a super fun vacation!

Amy said...

We had SO SO SO much fun yesterday!!! I was so nice to meet up with you guys!! Have a fun rest of the week!

Jill Brochard said...

Awwww -- looks like a blast and I'm so glad you guys could meet up!

Katrina said...

I looked like you after Screamin' too! Didn't think to take a picture though. David loved that one so we went on it a few times, but I had to recover after each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...