Saturday, September 13, 2008

Disneyland... T-minus 17 hours

I am doing the freak out dance. Eek! Trying to make sure I remember to pack everything. Its weird, I don't seem to have nearly the amount of stuff we took when we went to Yellowstone. I think that is what has me scared at the moment. What on earth am I forgetting?! Got clothes, princess gowns, camera, batteries, laptop, diapers, toiletries, tickets, passports, itinerary, snacks for the plane..... ah I know...


Yep, that was it! Woot! Can't forget our mouse ears. Hee.

Yesterday was a long day with Ken gone till past midnight, but Ariel and I did well. The bags are pretty much packed, just need the last minute toiletries to go in. We made a run to the store and stopped in to see Joanie before we leave. She was so sweet and gave Ariel a puppy Webkin as a birthday gift. Ariel was tickled pink, she is so good to us.

Dinner was a $5 pizza from Little Caesars, as I wasn't about to leave leftovers in my fridge with going away for a week. Ariel managed to put away 3 slices, so her appetite is back full force. I also then stayed up till Ken got home finishing the second book in the Twilight series. Ken is having an amazing time at the festival, but we miss him that is for sure.

This morning we again zipped to town to pick up more things I forgot to get the previous day. Hello, brain?! We met up with Nana who was sporting her new walker. I think it needed racing stripes. Hee. After helping her with her jobs, we went home and drove over to their place for a visit and lunch.

Ariel really enjoys the walker, especially her 'special' seat.


Before lunch we stopped in to visit Taylor who lives in another area of the home. She lit up when she saw us, so that was very special. I think she liked Ariel doing her letters for her too, as she use to be a school teacher. I remember going over to her home many a times when working on reports for school. Such a lovely lady.


It was fish and chips day, and Ariel was totally thrilled! The girl loves her ketchup! She happily dipped her fries, ate her fish and finished it off with a bowl of chocolate ice cream. Yum.


Then back to the room for a few stories before it was time to go home.


Ariel wasn't thrilled about leaving today and wailed till we got to the elevator. I think it was mostly due to being over tired. Once she got into bed she was totally out within minutes. The girl loves sleeping with our pillows on her tummy. What a nut!


Tomorrow morning bright and early my Dad is coming to pick us up to drive us to the airport. I think until I am sitting in my seat on the plane I am gonna be a bit stressed. I hate flying, but being focused on Ariel really helps me big time. I have her special bag all packed.

Remember the dress I made for the trip, well her little bag matches, hee. Inside is a re-usable sticker book, coloring book, 2 new story books, snacks and her new mp3 player. Hoping this keeps her busy for our 3 hour flight.


Well, I am off to nap a bit myself before I get back to some cleaning up around here. One sleep to go! Whee!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How Exciting!!!
here's a video just for ArielI hope you and Ken enjoy the trip and disney from your little girls eyes!
Talk to you after the vacation..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...