Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rockin' Toddler

Take time to remember what happened today back in 2001... where were you? How did you feel? Remember those who are still hurting from those that they lost. Never forget, but move forward and pray it never happens again. Pray for peace. Amen.

Ah, I am pleased to say the week is still moving along quickly. Yay. In fact, I keep forgetting we are leaving on Sunday! How crazy is that? Of course I am still excited to be leaving, so don't get me wrong. Hee.

To start things off, here is Ariel wearing her old school Strawberry Shortcake shirt I got her a few months ago. Poor girl is reliving my childhood, lol. Gap has all these great old shirts, snoopy, star wars, smurfs etc. So awesome!


Yesterday was the big deck day! Just as promised, the workers were there bright and early to start things. As Ariel and I made our way downstairs for breakfast we found they had already gotten off most of the old covering. Ariel enjoyed watching the guys work and they would wave to her.

We went for a walk down to the store and then Kara met us for lunch. Ariel was very excited to have lunch with Aunty Kara, and they had fun drawing.


Of course we were naughty and shared a dessert. I think we both agreed it was bigger in the picture on the menu, oh well.


Speaking of the menu, Ariel did something rather interesting at the restaurant. When the host gave Ariel her kid's menu, she glanced at it and then pointed to a word and said pizza... um yeah that says pizza. Then she points and says chicken... um yeah, that says chicken strips. Ok, Kara and I gave each other a look like, how did you do that?! There were no pictures and its not like we eat there on a regular basis. Weird!

By the time we got home, the deck was pretty much finished. So we said our goodbyes and as Ariel fell asleep, I found our new deck ready to go. Yay. This did give me the opportunity to reorganize thing, like we have been doing slowly room by room. I got rid of several old, broken items, and when I was finished it looked pretty good.

Ariel likes that the table and chairs are moved to one side, giving her more room to play. Yay!


Today was more mellow, we took our time getting up and dressed. By 1030am we were heading out the door to go to Costco. I was on a hunt for the next book in the Twilight series. Yes, I stayed up till 1am the other night reading, and had I been able to keep my eyes open longer I would have read more. I was so disapointed when I finished it yesterday and had to wait until today to keep reading. So I picked up the other 3 books in the series and happily placed them on my bookshelf, so I wouldn't have to wait next time, yes I am awful impatient with things like this. I managed to get half way in the second book during Ariel's nap today. Woot. I just really love this series. Kinda fills the void when Buffy ended, and gosh we know how much I loved that show. (cough, owns whole series, cough... still wishes Buffy ended up with Spike, cough cough). So the happy girl has books, whee!

Getting back to Costco, Ariel was happy that it was a sample morning, and she was given seconds and thirds from all the ladies because she was cute. Of course she didn't disappoint them and would smile and said thank you with toast shoved in her mouth. Haha. She then still managed to eat a whole peanut butter and jam sandwich, cheese string and grapes for lunch. At least her appetite is back full force from after being sick. Oh wait till she sees those buffets in Disneyland, lol.

Now on to my cool find of the month! A few weeks ago while I was at the grocery store I saw a big display of Crayola products for back to school week. I checked them out for any good deals and found something that surprised me. A kid friendly mp3 player, for only $16!!! Seriously! I figured for that I would get it for Ariel to try out. Tonight I finally loaded her 1-2-3 album on to it so we could take it on our trip. She tried it out and was sooooo excited! She has been constantly trying to steal my Nano out of my purse, so to have her only little qizmo with buttons and music totally made her day!


So, I highly recommend it! Not only was it super easy to use, it had good sound and was cheap! Can't beat that! Good stocking stuffer for Christmas! Had to capture the moment, hee.


Well, the next few nights Ken is going to be partying it up at the animation festival he helped coordinate and I will be packing our bags and getting things together. Tomorrow we are having our regular breakfast over at Grandpa and Rita's place and then I have a pedicure appointment in the afternoon, yay! Only 3 sleeps left! EEK! I can almost taste the mickey mouse waffles. Ahhh.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

have a great time in Disneyland..I can't wait to see the pictures.hey do you want the 20% off for gymbo/tcp? let me know ..

Kristen said...

Your deck looks great! I heart strawberry shortcake! My entire room was ss! Love the video! Oh and btw you have a prodigy on your hands-she is reading!!!

Jill Brochard said...

Your deck looks awsome!! The MP3 is so cool!! I'm sure Ariel will be rockin' out on the plane!

Anonymous said...

seriously, are we the same person? :) Avery wore her strawberry shortcake shirt yesterday too.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Amy said...

That is a really cool little mp3 player!! I am sure it will keep her busy on the plane! You guys have a good trip tomorrow, and I will see you the day after tomorrow!!!

kelly ens said...

awesome video :) she obviously loves the mp3 player, and it's obviously a hit with you and Ken too :)
enjoy your trip - can't wait to read about it and see all the pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...