Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Catch up...

... and not the stuff you put on fries....hmmm fries.

Here is Ariel giving her thumbs up for pumpkins. Yay pumpkins! I have been prepping her for tomorrow night when we kill, cough, I mean, carve the pumpkin. Poor Mr. Pumpkin...sniff. Oh well. He is waiting on the deck, should be a fun picture moment, even though Ariel won't have a clue whats going on. As far as she knows, pumpkins are soft and fun to pose with. Hehe.

So the shots went well. Ariel's only reaction was a mild low grade fever. I had her sleep in our room in her bouncy chair just in case she was extra fussy. In the end, she was a bit sore in her legs, but still ended up sleeping till 6am. So really, nothing out of the ordinary. She is a trooper.

Today was more mellow, no crazy running all over town for appointments. Just a nice walk through the shops and picking up a few forgotten things from the previous grocery visit. Saw Joanie at 'Fancy This', she has all the Christmas stuff out, so that was fun. Got a stocking stuffer for Ariel and one for Ken too. I am pretty much finished shopping for both of them, as I have ordered Ken's gift yesterday. Whee. Just need to finish up the family. That should keep me busy.

Also saw that the new bistro is opening today. It use to be the Boston Pizza, so I am kinda bummed its gone. Where will my high school girlfriends have our 8 hour gab session next time. Lol. (Serious, the last time we got together, we were there for 8 hours)

I tried a new recipe tonight, and it was very yummy. Tuna spaghetti casserole. I never thought of using spaghetti in a casserole, so I had to give it a whirl. Very easy too, so thumbs up. Ken gets it in his lunch tomorrow since he was working late again. He came home and had story time with Ariel, very cute. Gave me a chance for a nice long shower.

I really needed some time to unwind. Been kinda rough today. Got some news no one ever wants to hear. A good friend from church has been diagnosed with colon cancer. So I ask for your prayers for her and her family as they prepare for battle. I believe cancer is a battle, and it can be won. I refuse to be negative, so there, take that cancer!

In happier news, the christmas bazzar is coming!!! Next saturday, woot! Ariel's first one, oh the joy. Looking forward to fancy sandwiches, homemade goodies and crafts. It really does mark the beginning countdown for christmas for me. Whee!

So in closing, since I was lacking in blogs this week, here are some pictures to get your baby fix!

EDIT: I keep forgetting to say that Ariel is now 13 pounds even as of Tuesday. She is in the 95 percentile for weight, length, and head size! What a girl!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...