Saturday, October 21, 2006

She Did It!!!

Ariel slept through the night! Now I know this is going to come and go, but it was still pretty exciting to wake up at 7:15am. She went to bed around 11pm, and even when I woke up during the night (its habit forming) she was out cold. However, once Ariel was up this morning, she ate and wanted to play, play, play. I put her in her crib for a moment so I could freshen up, only to find her sleeping again. She can really tire herself out.

We then went to have coffee with Nana. All bundled in her kitty suit and warm in the snuggly, we made our way. Had a nice visit. Then we headed to the framers with the stitching I made for her room. Its been sitting on the table for weeks and finally I realized I had to wash it because it had so much dust in it. Blah. So, washed and pressed it, and FINALLY its being framed! Yay. Pictures when its done.

Then we walked down to the shops, I wanted some socks for the sock monkeys I am making for Trudy's boys for Christmas. I realized I need to get my butt in gear. Ack. Then to the grocery store for some stuff for dinner. I am attempting the duck tonight. Its all very exciting. I bought a small slab of this really awesome cake for dessert, so either way, dinner should end well at least. Lol.

Stopped in the quilt shop to see Stella briefly, but at this point Ariel had woken up completely and wanted to eat. So came home, and fed her. Nana brought her laundry over (yes Nana does Ariel's laundry, I can't talk her out of it, so I take it as a real treat) and told me about Papa being under the house again. Good grief. An 80 year old man doesn't need to be in a tiny crawl space, sigh. At least its not the middle of summer in the heat. I then told her about the really stupid driver at the intersection who never bothered to look in the cross walk before turning the corner, well, thats not true, she did look one way, just not the other way. I was standing there trying to get her attention but she was too busy talking to someone on the corner that I wanted to cross to. All the other drivers had their mouths hanging open at this crazy woman. I almost tapped on the side window to get her attention, but figured she might drive over my foot. I let it go, especially since I had Ariel, but its not cool. Blah.

Yesterday, I got the remaining bins for the closet thing for Ariel. Yay. Its much more organized for my liking. Its such a cute unit. Only thing missing is her new laundry bin that will sit on the lowest step. I ordered it from the Avon book, its blues clues. Hee. Love that show. Anyhoo, it frees up more drawer space for her and that makes putting the laundry away so much easier.

I also got 4 pages done for her scrapbook. I have to get some more pictures printed before I can continue. It was so much fun than the one I did for our wedding and honeymoon, I guess kid stuff is always cuter. Ken finished the drawing for the box top that will store her baby cards. I wanted to save them and because there are so many, a box was needed. Will post when I paint it. Its really cute.

Well, princess is awake. So, here are some pictures to get you through the weekend.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Oh I am so looking forward to this day with our own girls. We're celebrating that we're now down to a 10pm-2am-6am schedule, which is much much better than the 9-12-2-3:30-5-7 schedule from last week!
Congrats... cherish that sleep!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...