Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fabric Girls

Ariel had a good day, can you tell? Here she is with all her new fabric for blankets. Now that she is bigger and much more drool, we find we go through them a lot faster. Not to mention I use them as sheets on her play yard bottom, so we needed some more so we don't panic so much. They had so many new flannels, so we found some great patterns and colors.

Stella picked us up this morning and we headed to vancouver first, then a lunch break, followed by richmond. Very successful as you can see. I also got all the fabric to make our family christmas jps. Yes, it will be photo worthy indeed for Ariel's first christmas. Lol.

Ariel was awesome the whole day, you'd think she liked shopping. Maybe its in her bones. She was catching everyone's eye, even a 9 month old. They smiled at each other, pretty cute. The only hard time was when we got stuck in traffic coming home and she wasn't pleased the car had stopped. She was in need of sleep at that point and just needed either a hug or movement and she wasn't getting either and it was hard to let her cry. Sniff.

We came home and got the laundry put away and got the house back together. Ariel had a small nap in her bedroom crib, we are practicing moving to the room soon, since we are both still downstairs (its finally cool enough for me to return). She loves her room so thats a plus. I think she likes the cd player and all the toys. New things to discover. Here she is making new friends, which one is Ariel?

Daddy is on his way home, another meeting so he will be late. We love him and everything he does for us girls!

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! It's sure great to see Ariel's progression through all the pics you post. These new ones really show how much more aware she has become of her surroundings lately. (She's really connecting with the camera... Tyra would be proud!)

Kim said...

I agree with Dianne - Tyra would be proud! I love seeing all your pictures of Ariel - what a cutie! The fabric you bought looks so lovely and all the crafting you've mentioned in your blog have inspired me to get back to my cross-stitching - thanks!

Jay said...

lol, yeah, I've got her watching ATNM for lessons. She likes Tyra's voice, she always stops wiggling and listens. Taking her advice for sure.

Huzzah for crafting. Glad to hear stitching is back in life Kim. Speaking of that, did you ever finish that baby animal one Dianne?

Dianne said...

Oh did I though! I finished 2 and started another, then realized that I was using too small a piece of fabric, and so that one is one hold until I'm inspired to get back to it.

At present, I'm almost finished the 2nd in a set of two wrens... hmmm... I should try to find a pic to add to my blog for your viewing enjoyment...

Megan said...

Are all those swathes of fabric receiving blankets? Cause they're really darn nice! I love the colours and patterns.

Ariel's getting so big-- looking like a 'baby' rather than a 'newborn' does that make sense?

Jay said...

They will be blankies once I sew the edges. Its the best way to get cheap, cute blankets. Buy a meter of flannel and just go around it with a serger or sewing maching on a tight zig zag. Its so much cheaper than store ones, plus they are bigger and you can get adorable fabrics for either boys or girls.

I can't believe how much Ariel is growing, and yeah she looks more baby than newborn. She kinda always has since she arrived. Maybe it was because she was late? She does look alot like Ken as a baby, and he always looked older too. Either way, she is a real ham for the camera. LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...