Monday, October 16, 2006

Girls just wanna have fun!

We had a really nice weekend, even though it was raining. In fact, it kinda was nice to see the rain again. Makes everything fresh. Saturday was once again just us gals as Ken went to teach his classes. Ariel was pretty mellow (what else is new). She watched me stitch and make her some new fleece blankets. Its getting cool so a few of those to cover her in her barrito state help keep the chill away.

We were having dinner at Nana's and ended up walking over since Ken called saying there was uber traffic on the highway. Turned out he pulled in the driveway of Nana's when we arrived too. Oh well. It was a nice walk and Ariel was able to show off her Kitty outfit again. We even were able to quickly pick up the photos we had waiting at London Drugs.

Dinner was good and getting to visit with Uncle Bill and Aunt Penny was fun. Rose was even there too. So lots of laughing and cooing over Ariel. Rose brought a new hat and mits for Ariel that were knit by her daughter I believe. The daughter with 9 children. She just had the 9th, and honestly I think she will still have more. She said she always wanted 10, guess we will see. She also home schools them all. Thats amazing, and she finds time to knit. Wow.

Ariel played on the floor and entertained us all. She even tried out the new excersaucer that Nana was given to have at her house. She really liked it and once again showed how incredibly strong she was for only 2 months old.

Sunday was church and a fabulous guest singer/speaker. A southern baptist with a real gift of worship and preaching. I don't think I have laughed that hard in church for awhile. Jo's sister Julie and her girls were at our church too. Her hubby was out of town so she came out to visit friends and see her mom. She had the coolest rubber boots, with funky designs on them. Rubber boots are sooooo much cooler now. Not like my old trusty blue ones I had back in the day. Those were ugly. Ick. Ariel was held by a few different people during the service. In fact, she was taken from me in the bathroom of all places once she had a fresh diaper change. Hehe. I managed to surprise people with a non pink outfit too. Gotta shake things up a bit.

After church and a quick lunch, we packed up Ariel and went to Ikea for the unit I wanted to get for the nursery closet. Good news, got the unit, bad news, they didn't have all the right sizes of the plastic bins that went with it. All I managed to get was 2 large bins, and I still need 2 mediums and 2 smalls. They are getting more this week, so another quick run down may be in order. Ken found his christmas gift for Ariel, and you will have to tune in to see it when she gets it. Its like sweeps week for my blog, must read stuff! Lol.

We also stopped by Michael's craft store and ran into Katie who was working and was nice enough to share her discount with us. Woot. Got some cross stitch bibs for Ariel and a few other little things for my scrapbooking. The whole trip Ariel was sleeping. Guess she needed that big nap.

Came home, and basically had a nice quiet family night. Got some stitching done on Ariel's stocking, while Ken got some daddy/daughter time. Its really past halfway at this point. Huzzah! I will have to find the right material for the backside of it. Choices...hmmm.

Ariel also was babbling up a storm last night. It was like she had so much on her mind and had to get it all out. Ken was laughing so hard and Ariel just kept on going. I think we may have a chatterbox on our hands. I love her smile, I can't get enough of it.

Today was quiet as well. I made yummy sweet and sour ribs in the slow cooker. Ken is staying late doing calls so it works well for him to come home to a warm meal. Ariel is sleeping again and is due to get up soon. Guess thats all, bye for now!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

nice stitching!

And your rib dinner story is making me hungry... it's my new favourite recipe :) It could make anyone heart their slowcooker!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...