Sunday, October 08, 2006

Thankful

Its been a very exciting long weekend thus far. So much to report so here it goes...

Saturday was newly dubbed, girls day. Ken was teaching all day and then came home for a quick bite and was off to a faith and film discussion. Mikey was leading with his choice in movie, Garden State, which is one of Ken's favs. He did some reviews for Hollywood Jesus and so he had to go. He then didn't get home until midnight, but both Ariel and I were fine. There was a double bill of both Legally Blonde movies on the tv, so we hung out and I did some stitching. I was pretty tired from the long walk we took in the morning with the snuggly.

This morning we got up around 8ish and had a lazy morning till church. We got lots of neat news before things got started. First off, Ken's phone had a text message from Jeff and Marie that they were at the hospital, and the twins were on the way. Huzzah! Found out from Stella that Kara got a part in the Nutcracker with the National Ballet so that was awesome! Yay! Ariel was decked out in a super cute outfit, and as usual, enjoyed the worship and then slept through the message.

After church we did a food run at the grocery store. Its tricky getting lots of stuff when I am on my own, especially since I still can do a lot of lifting as I was told at my appointment. Apparently, they say its like a few MONTHS before you are really back together, so I can't over do it, but I can do some, thank goodness. So we got lots of yummy stuff for me to cook with. We also got Ariel's first pumpkin. She stared at it for a long time as it sat in the buggy with her.

Until we left for Dad's we basically hung out while Ariel napped. I packed up my maternity clothes, heheh. Yes people, I no longer need them as I discovered I fit many of my pre-pregnancy clothes now. Well, more so the bottoms of things, the tops are still a bit snug but when you nurse that comes with the territory. I must admit it was nice to see the HUGE shirts and things go away. I still can't get over how big I was. Gack!

We also kept checking Jeff and Marie's blog for any baby updates. She was at 7cm at the last post. Poor thing, I knew how hard it was waiting for one kid to show up, but 2. Wow.

Went to Dad and Rita's for the big dinner. Ken showed Ariel the turkey. Not sure what she thought of it. I was excited to eat turkey again. Boy, did I miss it. I was afraid I'd never like it again after the pregnancy. Some people told me some of the food they hated when pregnant, stayed that way after the baby arrived. I don't think I could have given up turkey for good, just last Christmas alone was bad enough. Ariel proceeded to sleep through dinner and then wanted to eat. After her tummy was full, she got a good workout with Aunty Jo. We kept making her smile and then she burst with a full out giggle. That was a first, so very exciting indeed. We then headed for home with a hungry girl.

When we got home we checked the net and we are happy to say the twins have arrived! Moria Grace (6lb 7oz) and Kasia Marie (6lb 12oz) were born at 3:31/3:33pm via c-section. From what we read, the surgery went well and everyone is happy and healthy. I saw a picture of Jeff, on his sister's blog, holding the girls. Thats gotta be such a feeling holding, not one, but two babies. A real blessing, and Ariel can't wait to meet them this spring.

After another feed and a change into a sleeper, we decided that Ariel was ready for her first Disney movie, The Little Mermaid, duh. We figured she would like the music but she surprised us with being totally taken with the film. It was crazy, she danced and cooed during the songs, and seemed to watch the screen. She is definitely our daughter. Hehe. See her cute starfish, its from her new set of sea life puppets she got as a gift today from Jan. Thanks, she loves them. We will have to build her a puppet theater when she is bigger. I will try and post the pic later, it seems it will only let me upload 2 tops tonight, argh!

Tomorrow, Ariel is hanging with the Great Grandparents while we get a trip to the mall. Ken needs some work clothes and I need clothes in general. We also have a gift certificate for a baby store so I may have to check that out too. Hehe. Plus the christmas clothes are in at Gymboree, I may need to look there too, oh its dangerous having a cute little girl. But I seem to think it be easy to do that with any child, baby clothes are just too adorable.

So thats my update for the weekend, it was pretty memorable if you ask me. Thanksgiving 2006, is up there in my books.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...