Thursday, October 19, 2006

Suzy Homemaker

Thats something my mom always use to call me. Little miss suzy homemaker. I was thinking of that today while I went about my daily routine as the mommy manager of our home. I like being a homemaker. Sure I do my graphics work too, but there is something neat about being the stay at home mom that I always wanted to be. A big thanks to my adoring hubby for fulfilling my dream. Everyday is a joy, even if I have a crying baby in my arms. I am very blessed indeed.

Ariel and I went out early this morning to the store to get a few of the ingredients that we were missing for our baking day. It wasn't the best weather, so we decided to use the snuggly and an umbrella. We ran into Stella who was working at the Quilt shop today. Had a quick visit and we on our way again. We got the stuff we needed and got back fast as Ariel had fallen asleep.

As the princess slept, I got to my baking. I made 2 loaves of banana bread and 24 pumpkin muffins. Its fun filling the freezer. I hope to make some other meals and goodies next week. I sure missed cooking, I find it so relaxing. Some might think thats nuts, but I love it. The simple things are what life is all about.

Since Nana is lacking a computer, it died the other day again, I can say on here that help is on the way. The family is getting money together to buy a new one for her. Yay. I do believe its a surprise, so no telling! She sure misses it, who ever thought she be a computer nut!

Now I am going to get deep for a moment. Its been on my heart for awhile now. Been thinking alot about mom lately, how much she would have loved Ariel. Holding Ariel today and feeling her tiny hands hold on to me, suddenly made me feel so close to my own mom. Times have changed, and I am the mom now. My mom may have missed the past 6 years, as I became the adult she always wanted me to be, or the wife her example made me to strife for. I sometimes feel a piece of her is in Ariel's heart. When she smiles at me, I think I see her in Ariel's eyes. I miss her... Thank you Lord for giving me such a special gift, I will treasure it forever.

My heart has been broken since I lost her, and its been my prayer since she died for it not to hurt so much... and its finally been answered. I will always carry the memory and pain, but suddenly the world is new again and its such a wonder to look at it with fresh eyes. Its raining today, washing everything clean, including me... I love the rain.

Healing Rain

Healing rain is coming down
It's coming nearer to this old town
Rich and poor, weak and strong
It's bringing mercy, it won't be long
Healing rain is coming down
It's coming closer to the lost and found
Tears of joy and tears of shame
Are washed forever in Jesus' name

Chorus
Healing rain, it comes with fire
So let it fall and take us higher
Healing rain, I'm not afraid
To be washed in Heaven's rain

Lift your heads, let us return
To the mercy seat where time began
And in your eyes I see the pain
Come soak this dry heart with healing rain
And only You, the Son of man
Can take a leper and let him stand
So lift your hands, they can be held
By someone greater, the Great I Am

Healing rain is falling down
Healing rain is falling down
I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid

Written by Michael W. Smith, Martin Smith, and Matt Bronleewe ©2004 Word Music, Inc

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm so glad for you that you've found this little bit of your mom to help fill the hole in your heart.

Songs like that describe exactly why I love the rain so much. Time outside to day was spent lifting my face up to it.

Kim said...

Jay your words about your mom struck a chord in my heart! My dad is still with us, but he lives permanently in the hospital because he has Alzheimer's disease. He doesn't know me or my sister anymore. I hope one day I feel a little less hurt and a little more peace when I think about my dad. I hope you and your family have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...