Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ariel and the boys

I didn't think we had to worry about boys until she was older, hehe. Actually, we all had a great time and Ariel had fun hanging out with other babies. She hasn't seen Carter in quite awhile, so it was neat to see how big he had gotten. We also got to meet Issac. Unfortunately, there was never a time when all the kids were happy. So we have a somewhat funny picture of Carter crying and the other 2 kinda like, whats going on?

The ginger-babies were a big hit, lol. Lots of laughs over them. I think I may be on to something, heh. Maria and Ellie came by to see everyone on the way home from gymnastics. Ellie showed off her tumbling, and I kept flinching every time it looked like she was going to roll right into the china cabinet.

So, here are a few more pics of the fun. The first one is Issac and Ariel. Apparently, he is a big fan of the camera like Ariel. Both were so eager to smile when I pulled it out. Hehe. The next one is when the troopers were ready to roll out. All snuggled warm in their car seats. Carter is the one hugging the bear. Hee.









Finally, below is a pic of when Carter and Ariel first met back in September, and now look at them. Ariel is still on the taller side but Carter is the beefcake in the weight division. Even though he is only a few weeks younger, he really shows her up in that category. So I hope we do it again, it was a lot of fun.

Today was much more mellow. Had coffee with Nana and Delores. Realized I had forgotten to bring my christmas cards to put in the mail. Doh! I guess I will have to do it tomorrow. So hang tight, they are coming people. I need to finish the ones still for church, but Sunday is still a few days away. Got down to the village, even though the bridge is not cleared. It wasn't as easy to get across with it being slush. I got through, but it was a struggle. Hello!! City government people, time to look into clearing high traffic areas. Sigh.

Got another gift bought and under the tree. The rest we are getting via online. Gotta love free shipping! Saves me time, and the price is right. Once home I was feeling motivated to get some more of the decorations done. Got the greenery on the stairs hung. This year I added lights. Oooh. I found awesome battery powered ones at Ikea awhile back. Its perfect because no tacky extension cord, and no outlet close enough to the stairs. Whee. Then, I thought, lets get the deck lights up, this is where things get interesting.

I take them out and put Ariel in her chair to watch me, since it was too cold for her. I decided to take the phone with me since if the glass door was closed I couldn't hear it. I am glad I did because somehow when closing the door, the latch slipped. When I try to open the door once completing the lights, I realize I can't. I have a sudden panic of horror. Ariel I think sensed it and started crying. Oh good grief. Here I am stuck on the deck and my baby is inside. I then remembered I brought the phone with me, thank the Lord. I call Nana who I am sure had a small heart attack with this one. Sheepishly I ask if she can rescue me, then say where I am. I think her driving over was a new record. I was back inside pretty quick and plan on looking to see why my door latch is suddenly so easily closed, blah. I have had enough for one day, time for some Jon Stewart. Heh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...