Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A jolly holiday

So we got back around 7ish last night. Our ferry was late by 10 minutes or something. Not a big deal in my books, since we were home in time for Degrassi! Hehe. So here is the highlights from our brief getaway to Victoria!

We left the house at about 8am to drive to the ferry terminal. We had reservations since we didn't know how busy the ferry was going to be, since it was a holiday. Turns out for the 9am sailing, it wasn't busy at all. Frankly, the boat was pretty much empty. Guess everyone was still sleeping from a late night of partying. Ken showed Ariel the model of the boat we were going on, how exciting!

We had breakfast on the boat and then showed Ariel around. We took a picture in the same window I had one taken back when I was pregnant. (Its posted back in April 2005) Then Ariel tried the massage chair while studying her foot.










After we arrived on the island, we made our way to see Mike, Trudy and the boys (William, Theron and Lucas). They were visiting Mike's side of the family for christmas. It was neat to see how many cousins they had to play with, and apparently there is another one on the way. Mike's mom had even made stockings for everyone, trust me when I say the fireplace wall was COVERED! I wish I had gotten a picture of that, it was sure something to see. We had a lovely visit. The boys loved the sock monkeys, and we did try a group shot but... lets say its not easy to get so many kids organized and happy. Ariel got a pretty jewellery box with fairies on it from them, and little cross earrings to boot, something to look forward to when she gets her ears pierced one day. Ken got to try out Will's new Wii video game system, and got his butt kicked by the 5 year old. Haha!










I was so happy that Ariel got to meet her 'Aunty' and 'Uncle' finally, not to mention that I got to meet the 2 newest additions to their family that I have only seen pictures of. One of these days we will have to get to Edmonton to visit their homestead.

When all the kids were showing signs of needing naps, we packed up and headed to check into our hotel. Since we had brunch that morning, or what felt like brunch, we opted for an early dinner. Ken zipped to the white spot that was kitty corner to our hotel and got some take out burgers. Ariel was actually taking to the hotel very well. I set up her play yard for her bed and she played with her toys while we ate.

After dinner we called Kyle and he came by with coffee and coco. It was nice to catch up with him and his life in general. I had to tease that he is moving to Calgary and has now decided to sell his car and buy a truck. Talk about trying to fit in with the locals. Haha. So, if anyone is looking for a 2005 mazda in practically new condition, he is looking for a buyer close to March when he is moving.

Had a good sleep that night, Ariel got up only once which was good for being in a strange place. Unfortunately, it was yet again another day of rain. Blah. We went to breakfast at the place we had our first married breakfast over 5 years ago, and had the SAME waitress. Too cool! I had a benny with smoked salmon, oh it was fantastic!

We then headed out to visit some of the shops and Ariel and I got a picture with the big moose. Not sure what she thought of that. Some of the places I'd thought we would go to, turned out to be closed. Darn. The petting zoo was so trashed from the past months wind storms, that its closed until February. We did however, manage to find a place to get our annual old time picture done for the fake photo album Ken is creating. It was neat to have someone else in the photo this time. Hee, baby's first dress up experience.

Ariel ended up crashing for a much needed nap at 1pm, so we decided it was time for a spot of tea to warm our cold bodies. We went to the James Bay tea house, which is ever so cute! There were a few kids having tea, and they make they little sandwiches too, only with peanut butter and jam. Can't wait to bring Ariel for that! It was nice to get some alone time with Ken while she slept. He has had a wonderful vacation and kinda sad to see it end.

After tea we drove around and went to the look out. The waves were crashing and it was really windy. I did get some neat pictures though. The one below is my fav. Anyhoo, we caught the 5pm boat home and that was that. Ariel's first overnight trip! Yay.

Today, she is I think a little sad that daddy is back at work. I was getting a little stressed but then Stella showed up to take Ariel for a walk so I could unpack, shower and get things more in order. Thank you! Talk about God at work, sometimes prayer amazes me.

I got some frozen corn chowder and biscuits in the freezer, I think thats gonna be dinner. So I shall leave and enjoy my half hour of peace! Later!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend away! Your pictures are great - Ariel looks so adorable in each of them! I'm glad to hear that Ken had an enjoyable vacation too :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...