Monday, June 30, 2008

7 Years Later...

... and we are still living out the adventure as husband and wife. Seven years ago today we were all dressed up, heading to the church for our wedding. Today we are relaxing watching our daughter play. Wow, its amazing how fast time goes by. I have loved everything thus far darling, and I look forward to the next several years and beyond. You are my Pumpkin King, and I am your little Fuzzy Tomato. Love you forever, amen!


I promised you all something special and you get 2 treats! First off, I am sharing with you the video that Ken used to propose to me back on August 1st, 2000. It was the night before my last day of classes at VanArts and I was house sitting for friends. Ken had come over to help me with the speech I was writing to read at the graduation ceremony. I was really stressed and tired, and so when he offered to clean up the kitchen so I could go to bed to sleep I jumped at the chance. He was going to lock up and push the key through the mail slot for me so I didn't have to get up again.

As I was drifting off to dreamland, I heard the door to my room open and 'poof' a post it note (yes you read that right) was left on my head. I knew it was Ken being silly but when I read the note I got shaky. It said to wake up and follow the trail... Out the door was a trail of tea candles (under plates of course - didn't want to burn down someone else's house right?). They led to the living room with another note with the remote saying to turn the tv and press play. When I did, this is what I saw...



Ken came out during the Jack and Sally scene at the end and dropped to one knee and proposed. It was perfect and I said yes. Whee!

10 months later we said 'I do' and the adventure continues today. Here is a little video of some of our wedding pictures set to the song that we used to walk down the aisle to. Its from an animated movie, big surprise, and when I heard it while looking for music I knew it was the right one for us. Hope you enjoy it.


6 comments:

Amy said...

CUTE video Jay!! Congrats on 7 years too!! I love Ken's hair back then!!!

kelly ens said...

what a great proposal!!! happy anniversary :)

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary!!

How fun that you have the video as a keepsake.

Jill Brochard said...

Happy anniversary (June is a popular wedding month, huh?!) I loved see you pictures and peaking into your life! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Happy Anniversary!

Dianne said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe how fast seven years have flown by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...