Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Please and Pool

These are by far two of Ariel's favorite words at the moment. She loves to say please, knowing that usually it gets her what she wants, and pool because its one of her favorite places to play. Somehow a few weeks ago they made it into the same sentence. We were walking by the hardware store and they had a lovely display of plastic pools. Ariel was totally taken with them and every time we passed by she would remind me. I would always look, check the price, check the size and then say maybe next time.

Today, on our way home from the park we stopped again. Poooooooooool? Please? Hmmm, so we came home to measure our deck. After moving the plants around, I saw we did indeed have room for this size of pool. However, I first pulled out her little inflatable pool from last year. For some reason I thought it would still be good this year. It was the first time I really saw how much she had grown! Wow. Apparently, this little pool wasn't going to cut it with my water princess. (New plant set up, so pretty!)


So hand in hand we walked back to the hardware store. Ariel was over the moon and was telling everyone in the store 'pool, I got it! Yay!' It was pretty funny, what a goof. I had brought the measuring tape along to double check to see if it was the same size the sticker said it was, and guess what? It wasn't! Actually, it worked in our favour, so its all good. The sticker said it was 45in but in fact it was only 40in. So it was perfect, and Ariel totally agrees. She jumped in it the moment I placed it down in its new spot. Now all we need to do is wash the deck and fill it up with water... oh and to keep the sun out longer than a day.


Ariel is now looking for someone to come over and play with her...


Before all our pool excitement, Ariel and I went for a long walk and to play at the park. She always is eager to play and is yelling 'park' once its in eyesight.


I always love a lazy day of walking, playing at the park and relaxing with Ariel. I am really blessed to have this time with her.


Earlier this week on Monday, we had gone to the other park to play. It was a really warm day and we both were in our shorts and tanks. Soooooo awesome!



Peek a boo! I see you Ariel!


Ariel tends to run from toy to toy, as if they are all going to disappear at any moment. When people ask about my weight loss, I give high props to Ariel, she keeps me running. Haha. Speaking of which, on Sunday I hit my big 50lb down! Woot. I still can't believe, so crazy. I have lost 2 Ariel's! That is insane!


I love this picture, she is so pretty!


Got this little video of her asking please for more chips, then please to see the camera... however, the girl needs to clear her throat. Haha.



On Tuesday, it was a gloomy looking day so we decided to go to Costco to get the much needed toilet paper, and paper towels. While there I also found a perfect set of new glasses for our kitchen. Our old ones were pretty much all chipped, and we were slowly loosing more and more of them to 'accidents'... aka Ariel. Of course she is all coy about it, who me?


I also got a chance to try on this funky little outfit I found at Old Navy last week. Totally not what Ariel usually wears but I knew Maria, the photographer I have been working with, would totally love it. Needless to say I was right, she wants to shoot Ariel in it! Ariel is going to do some promo modeling for Maria, as she is building up some new stuff for promotion and showing off her new Vancouver studio space, so exciting. So what do you think of little punk Ariel? Brenda told me she needs a dog collar necklace to finish the look! HAHAHA! Personally, I think she totally looks cool in black, and those high tops are killer!


Ok, as promised, I can now post Ariel's birthday invitations I made as they are all mailed and should be received. I love how they turned out! This is the folded card, cute flower. The colors scheme this year is pink, brown and white.


Opened up...


Close up on the info (info removed so we don't have party crashers, haha)...


The photo montage card I included. Pictures from the past year, she sure has grown up! Sniff...


Then we sealed them up with the wax like we did last year. The royal 'A' of approval from the princess herself. Hee.


Each one was given an Ariel stamp. I got these through Canada Post, and they are like regular stamps! I got them last year too and were a hit with everyone.


So consider this your virtual invites to Ariel's 2nd birthday party here on the blog. I will post lots of pictures on the big day, so stop by!

Finally, we have been talking and emailing with Ken's mom in planning our Yellowstone adventure for August. She found some great things we can do and I am soooooo excited. We are hoping to do the Stagecoach Adventure and Old West Cookout. You get to ride on a horse-drawn, canvas-covered wagon, then have an authentic cowboy cookout steak dinner in Pleasant Valley. There is even a singing cowboy. Hello! Food and music, Ariel will be in heaven! Can't wait!

Well, I am gonna get back to painting. I am working on this year's book for Ariel. I love this tradition, but its not going to happen if I don't get back to it.

12 comments:

Kim said...

Loved the video of Ariel saying please! Your invitations look awesome! Ariel is very lucky to have such a talented Mommy!

Kristin said...

Cute invites!

That picture is a really good one of her! Very pretty indeed. :)

Jill Brochard said...

Woohoo Areil!! You got your pool! And Congrats Jay for hitting the big 50 pound marker! You're rockin'!

Love love love the skirt you got at Old Navy -- I so need one, or two, or three (the girls would love them) Do they have it online??????

The invite is so adorable! You're creative as always!

Amy said...

Love that video! She is looking more and more like Ken all the time!!

Jay said...

Jill, they do have them online but the pink one is almost sold out. They still have all sizes in the silver (which we got too, hee). They are super cute, little a mini petti.

Dianne said...

(a) That's awesome that Ariel's going to be in Maria's promo pics! They're both so gifted - the perfect fit! (LOVE the outfit!!) I'm so sad we're not out there anymore... it'll make it kinda hard to ask her to do our family pictures when our Chickadee finally arrives.

(b) Whatever you may say about the outfit... it is SO totally something you would have worn in high school :P

(b) Love that picture you pointed out as being especially pretty. She looks golden!

(c) Those invitations are amazing! I'm not in BC until a week post-party, or I would try to crash it (in a good way) ;)

Dianne said...

huh. I actually do know that the letter (b) isn't followed by the letter (b). I can't type :) miss you!

Jay said...

Lol, I can't count either. Yes, I TOTALLY would have wore that outfit. Haha.

Maria does go to your neck of the woods every year now as part of her Canada tour! So she can totally do your pics when the Chickadee arrives.

kelly ens said...

HUGE congrats on the 50lb mark! that is just awesome!!!!
i LOVE ariel's invitations - they are so fantastic!
we were at that park on Tuesday with a friend...Taeya kept slipping on the rubber 'bridge.' ha

kelly ens said...

here i am, watching the video again with Taeya, and every time, I can't help but clear my throat when she starts talking :) Taeya now just sits here saying, 'please? please? please?' she has no clue what she's asking for though :)

hazel said...

Hi, I just followed Dianne's link to your blog. Ariel is a real cutie patootie.

Jay said...

Thanks, welcome here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...