Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Berry Sweet

When I was pregnant with Ariel, I would often refer to her as my little berrykin. My love of Strawberry Shortcake as a young girl I am sure had lots to do with that, hehe. Today my little berrykin got to go picking strawberries for the first time and she was a real pro!


Stella walked over early in the morning and we drove down together to the farm land. We arrived at the strawberry fields and Ariel was curious about what was going on. She clung tight to Stella until we were all out in the field. Yes, we totally wore our strawberry dress, hee. She got lots of cute comments too. Row 2, too perfect for the girl about to celebrate the big second birthday.


Ariel watched as Aunty Lala gave her instructions about how to pick the red ones and put them in the bucket.



It didn't take long for her to catch on. What a little professional! Momma was so proud.



I took lots of pictures, she was just so sweet going along and picking the berries.


Didn't take her long until her little purple pail was full. Look at all my berries Mommy!


Of course she wouldn't let anyone carry the bucket back for her, she was determined to do it herself. However, she was having so much fun it took some time convincing her that we were done picking berries.


Posing with the big tractor, not as exciting as the berry picking part apparently.


We paid for our berries and headed home to show Nana and Papa our treasure. After a snack and a visit we did a quick stop at the grocery store and came home for lunch. Ariel agreed that this was the best part.


Yummy strawberries!

4 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

How adorable -- and just the perfect dress. You need to fill me in on your tips -- when I took Alison and Sami Strawberry and blueberry picking 2 years ago they spent the whole time eating the berries and of coarse staining their clothes.

Brenda said...

Oh that's my absolute favorite part of summer - fresh strawberries! Super cute pictures...I remember waiting and waiting until I was old enough to go with mom and grandma strawberry picking. I think I had to be NINE!

Anonymous said...

so so cute!! I'm a fruit clothing addict too. :)

Those strawberries look so yummy!!

kelly ens said...

SO cute! I always assumed Taeya would just start eating like a....(pig?) 2 year old and we'd never get anything in the bucket. But now, there's no way i'm going out there this pregnant to pick strawberries. Thank goodness for local produce farms :)
i LOVE ariel's dress - SO cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...