Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sick, sick, blah!

Tis been quiet around here... most likely since I haven't had much of a voice since Sunday. Gack! Monday morning I woke up around 5am in terrible pain. My whole head felt like it was being squished... translation, sinus issues. Ugh. It lead to a migraine, which lead to my whole jaw hurting, which lead to my sore throat and cough... it just seemed to get worse and worse. For someone who barely ever gets sick, this was down right nasty.

Ken, the super hubby that he is, decided that he would work from home so that I could sleep and he would watch Ariel. Oh my goodness, it was such an answer to prayer. Its times like these that I realize how much I love Ken. He would check on me through out the day, bring me food, change my dvd discs, and just let me rest without little Ariel clawing at me. I really don't know what I would have done had he not been home. I couldn't even stand up longer than a few minutes. I stayed in bed all day, slept most of the time, except when the sneezing fits happened. Oh that was painful. Ugh.

Ariel is somewhat showing slight signs of this bug now as well. Nothing as bad as me, but the cough is present, and the tiredness. She is still super perky, and non stop energy... except while sleeping. This is her impression of how Mommy felt yesterday.


Today was better, as I was able to stand and speak a bit more. I was still very tired, but Ariel got me going. In fact she was at the door with her shoes and coat on DEMANDING a walk in the buggy. Soooo, we did a short walk into town to mail her birthday invitations. I was slightly bummed I had to get more postage on them this year because of the weight and thickness of the invitation. Doh, oh well. The girls at the post office were so sweet because they wanted to try and find the nicest way to make them look pretty because of the cute 'Ariel' stamps I already had on them. Anyhoo, just happy they are out, and by next week I can post what they look like as everyone should receive them late this week. Yay!

I am going to keep this short and sweet since I want to get to bed. I am fading fast.... Zzzzzzzz.

7 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Awww -- hope you are feeling better! I think Ken has qualified for the husband of the year! ;)

Kristin said...

Yikes sounds like you are feeling pretty rough!
I hope you are on the mend.

Kim said...

Awww, it's never fun to be sick! I'm sending you a big hug - hope you feel better really soon! I too think that Ken qualifies for husband of the year - what a star!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better!! And I agree, I think Ken should be awaiting his Husband of the Year award!

Dianne said...

Poor Janet :(

Hope you're feeling better!

Amy said...

BLAH for sickies! I hope you guys are feeling a bit better! Oh and I hope little miss's lip feels better too- poor girly!

Brenda said...

Oh no, nothing like getting sick when it's nice outside. Just adds insult to injury! I hope you're feeling better - give Ken a nice hug (once you aren't contagious) what a wonderful hubby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...