Thursday, June 05, 2008

Busy with the Ordinary

Hey everyone, sorry to disappear. Its been a busy week of normal activities around here, you know things like grocery shopping, errands etc. On top of that I have been helping Ken in the evenings with the last minute things for the Animation Festival that is happening this weekend.

On Monday, Ariel and I went for a long walk and stopped by Stella's for a visit. She would be leaving later this week to go see Kara's graduation later this month. Yay! So I wanted to spend some time with her before she left. That morning she had made some fresh buns, Ariel quite liked those indeed. Yummy.


Tuesday morning was customer application day at Safeway, so Ariel and I went very early to do our shopping without a crowd. I had several rain checks and coupons saved up and with the 10% off, I managed to make get a $100 in savings. Woot! Ariel was excited to ride in the cart shaped like a car, something she wants to do every time we go in the store but usually can't because we have the stroller. After loading up the car, we drove to Stella's again.

That particular morning Stella and her friends were getting pedicures, something I totally need to remember to book, note to self. It was nice to visit and Ariel was happily stealing any muffins or banana bread that was left unprotected. We then stopped in at Nana and Papa's for a visit. Papa has been having some rough mornings, so that is not fun. Sigh, its difficult when there is little you can do to help.

When we got home we found a package in the mail. The dvd of the Otter film from Galen arrived! Woot. This was one of the little animation side projects that Ken sometimes helps Galen with. This particular one I helped out too so I got a credit as well, so cool. Ariel really enjoyed this one. If you want to see a preview clip, click on Do Unto Otters. Such a cute little film.


Yesterday we went for long walk out in the cold. The weather has been changing from lovely summer into chilly and rainy again. Blah. Ariel was really upset when I didn't let her wear her sandals, she loves those things, takes after her mommy that way. Hee. We then picked up some milk, some stamps for the animation festival and had a quick visit with Nana and Papa.

In the afternoon I worked on Ariel's birthday invitations. They are looking great and I can't wait to send them out. Just a few more things to do and then hopefully the stamps I ordered will arrive. Yay.

When Ken got home, we worked several hours on the program and festival passes. I am happy to say they are finished and today I will be going over to the church to print them off. We have over 60 people signed up to come, so this will be very exciting indeed. Ken has put so much work into this on top of everything else he does with his job and freelance gigs. He amazes me so much, way to go honey!


Ariel has started the 'funny' phase. If she does something she knows is silly, she says, 'I funny'. Its quite amazing actually that she is starting to understand the concept of comedy. She is really quite a ham, just look at these goofy grins...


But silliness ends when a good book shows up. Such a little book worm she is.


Last night when we were working, she kept trying to cover herself up with her little blankie. It was so cute and she lay there very still until she burst out laughing.


Ariel is also starting to use sentences more and more. Its strange to think she never talked, and now she does. New words show up daily, sometimes they surprise me like when she walked up to me when I had a popsicle and said 'lick', or when she finds the Muppet show dvd and brings it to me and says 'puppets'.

Last night she also surprised us by pulling down her pants and diaper and sitting on her potty. She didn't go, but the fact she was able to do the lead up was a great sign of good things to come. I love watching her figure things out, makes her feel good and me proud as a parent.

Well I need to go eat, Ariel is watching her morning cartoon on CBC, so I think I will join her. Love that Poko. Hee.

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

i love that funny stage :)
Ariel is so cute!!

Kristin said...

Isn't it crazy how much they change in such a short time, it always amazes me too.

Love the big smiles, what a cutie!

Brenda said...

What goofy grins - such a cutie! Sounds like Ariel's gonna have that potty thing figured out in no time - WTG!

Dianne said...

Have fun at the animation festival... it sounds great!

Jill Brochard said...

The animation festival sounds like so much fun!! I'm sure all the hard work is going to pay off! I wish Leïla would talk more, though I know she has two languages to deal with, so it takes more time. Ariel is such a ham -- what a happy smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...