Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Second Night in a Row!

And the only reason for that is because Ken is out at a meeting tonight. Yay for having the computer to myself. Ariel is sitting here with me having her night time snack and watching the 'Otters' movie.... think we are up to our 3rd viewing tonight. Oh well.

We had a nice day visiting with Stella this morning. We walked over this morning and it was a little cold and I wasn't sure if the rain would show up or not. Luckily it didn't and it warmed up pretty fast. During our visit Ellen came over with Carter. It was nice that the kids got to play together, they are so cute.




Looking forward to the play date later this week with some of the other kids too. Just hoping the sun lasts so they can play outside, that be nice. Before I left, Stella told me Nana had called to say that they were getting to go see a place at the assisted living building that they were on the wait list for. A 2 bedroom one at that! It turns out lots of the people higher up on the list didn't want to move in the summer, so Nana and Papa moved up the list, yahoo! This is awesome news and I am so very thankful.

When I talked to Nana later she told me that it overlooks the farm land and is very pretty. Then she told me about the eagles nest outside in the view of their window, and if anyone knows our story when it comes to eagles, they will understand how special it was that one was there. Mom was giving her support that this was the right move. Such an answer to prayer, so thank you everyone who had been praying for them! Not sure when the move will happen but they get possession on July 1st. Of course they won't move that quick, but we can start the process. As exciting as it all is, there is still a bit of sadness when it comes to saying goodbye to that house. I will face that when the day finally comes... and I guess that will be soon.

I ended up washing the deck this afternoon while Ariel napped. It looks awesome and you really never realize how dirty it is until its clean. Yuck!

Ariel woke up and while I was chatting with Ken on the phone she managed to create some art on her legs. For a kid who can't handle anything on her hands, I can not figure out why stuff on her legs is ok. Strange...


I had to ask her about it, hehe.



Then we went to have a dance party in the kitchen, its been awhile but she still has the moves.



Ariel was growing tired of waiting for dinner, so we had a little chat while we waited for the oven to finish cooking our meal.



After a yummy meal, we went out on the deck to play in the pool. We get the evening sun so it was very hot and the pool was perfect to cool off.


Another bubble picture, can't get enough of those.


Then a little video for Daddy of her first time in the new pool, whee!



It was about that time that 2 ladies showed up needing help. Turns our our new neighbor across the hall had a heart attack this morning! They needed to buzz in to get some of his things, so I chatted with them a bit. The one lady was his mother, and she seems so shaken up. He apparently is going to be ok, but its still overwhelming. She got a real kick out of talking with Ariel and told me about her own great granddaughter who was the same age.

After they left, we went back to the pool for a bit until Ariel was ready to go in for snack and 'Otters'.


So that leads us to now. I just put Ariel to bed and I shall do some work scanning in the paintings I have finished for Ariel's birthday book. Its looking great, and I am so excited. Tomorrow we are going to the strawberry patch with Aunty Lala, so we shall see how that goes. Hoping Ariel doesn't eat them all, she is a little berry-a-holic. Yummy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...