Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Here!

Nope, I haven't disappeared, just been losing computer time in the evening since Ken is in heavy work mode finishing the course he is writing. I must say I have enjoyed my early bedtimes and reading my Disney planning guides for our trip, but I have missed sharing our daily adventures... well here it goes....


...hmmm.... well, not really much to say. Haha. Saturday Ariel and I went to visit Nana and Papa. Ariel has been on a kick of telling Papa 'NO' to everything he asks. She doesn't do this with anyone else, so its kinda funny and weird at the same time. We are thinking its because he has teased her and this is her way of saying 'quit it'. In the end, they are still friends, but he sure has to work harder now.


Saturday night Ariel and I made a surprise dinner of ribs for Ken. We had all had an early morning wake up at 430am when Ken unexpectedly fell out of bed during an intense dream which involved ice cream, my old dog, a breaking bowl and an annoying co worker. Poor guy was pretty shook up since he has never done that before. I have, it hurts, so I am glad he didn't really injure himself. Either way, I couldn't get back to sleep and was walking around the house and somehow Ariel knew I was up and wanted to get up too at 630am. We brought her to our bed and that only held her until 7am. Blah.


The girl was super tired by nap time but still didn't sleep as long as she should have. So she helped me make a cake, yummy. Oh, Ariel's little quirk of insisting to be clean is really getting old. While she ate her cake, any little drop of icing she got on her finger erupted into her yelling 'hand!' Which basically means, get this crud off me, I want to be clean. Gotta love her.


Sunday was church (and the exciting return of Aunty Lala, yay!) and an outdoor market day! We missed the kick off one that happened 2 weeks ago because it was right after our crazy animation festival weekend, so it was fun to go and enjoy things. We had a great lunch of BBQ steak sandwiches, so delicious. Ariel had a slice of pizza and was very content.


It was such a beautiful and warm day. It really felt like summer! About time, June is over next week.


The police bear was handing out balloons to the kids and she was very much in love with her new 'aloon'. She was dancing around to the music having a great time.





We came home for nap time, much to Ariel's disappointment. Her balloon didn't last more than a day too, it popped while she was out of the room, thank goodness.

Today was sunny but windy, and we had a very lazy morning. We invited my Dad over for dinner tonight since Rita is out of town. I figured it was a good reason to vacumme the floor, of course Ariel howled. She hates it and the noise it makes. Its funny to hear her reassure herself, 'its k, its k' (its ok, its ok for those who don't speak toddler).

We went down to the water park and a little boy was kind enough to share his toys with her. She followed him around and loved to watch him play in the water.



Around that time we had a call from Nana saying Aunty Deborah was over and that we should stop by. So we headed over and had a nice chat and some tasty blueberry muffins. Yum.

Came home for naps, and Ariel slept soundly until 5pm when I woke her up. We prepared dinner and then played on the deck with the bubble machine.



Almost catching one...


She may look mad, but she was just squawking and being a turkey.


After dinner, Ken was showing Dad the 2 latest videos that he helped animate on. It was at that time Ariel discovered her new 'obsession'... the 'Do unto Otters' film. Yes, she ended up watching it 3 times before bed, thank goodness its only 10 minutes in length. She loves the theme song...



Singing along with the ending...



When we put her to bed, all we heard from her room for 15 minutes was 'otters... otters.... otters' Ah yes, at least its educational. Hehe.

To close I will leave you with this funny little moment. While I was putting away the toilet paper, Ariel was sitting by me and calling for Daddy. Since he was down in the computer room working he couldn't hear her and this was making her frustrated.

Daddy, daddy, daddy....

daddy, daddy, daddy....

KEN, KEN, KEN!


Hmm, is this a message to me? Heheh. Ah, out of the mouths of babes.

6 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Leïla thinks the most awsome show going is the Ariel movie! So is mad that I wouldn't play it a 4th time!!

missmarble said...

I had to laugh about Ariel saying "No" to everything Papa asks. Lily loves to tell us everyone's name, but flat out refuses to say Grandma. She can, we've heard her say it. But when we ask her to say Grandma, she just smiles and says "No".

Kristin said...

"aloon" that is so cute!

Brenda said...

Hmm...chasing boys already, and older ones at that! You might just have your hands full, Jay!

Kim said...

Hehehehe . . . I love that "it's k" story, and the "trying to get Daddy's attention" story!

Amy said...

Boston is with Leila! He wanted to watch aLL the videos a billion times! It's going to be so fun when they meet up in a few months!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...