Thursday, June 12, 2008

What Day is it Again?

By far the worse thing that happens to me when I get sick is that I lose all track of what day it is. Nothing drives me nuts more than being totally off and missing things... ie, my sister in law's birthday on the 10th. Ugh, sorry again Jo! We will be celebrating her b-day along with Father's Day this Sunday. Speaking of which, make sure to swing by here on Sunday for the little Father's Day surprise Ariel and I have been working on. Tee hee.

Ariel and her Cheerios, or 'cheers' as she calls them.


Overall I am feeling much better. My sinus is still draining, yuck, but for the most part I am back to normal. It was another cold day around here, so we went to the mall for some walking in the warmth. Ariel was itching to get out, as was I, and until it starts acting like summer we are forced to keep well inside. Blah. Ok, seriously, its June! Warm weather anytime please!

So at the mall we had fun and a great walk. My legs were in shock to be moving and it was FABULOUS! Nana was in Richmond for a trip to Costco, so we met up at the food court for lunch which was great. Its been weird not seeing her all week, but I guess that happens when you are avoiding sharing your sick bugs.

We came home again after a fun morning only to have Ariel trip in the hallway by our door and cut her lip open on her tooth. Ugh, this girl loves to slice open that lip of hers... not to mention reopen the scab on her knee, AGAIN! She definitely has mom's klutziness gene. Doh!

How many can I get in my mouth?



Last night we had the local police put on a show for our building. Shortly after midnight, Ken and I were still up (barely) watching tv in bed when we heard from way down the hall from our bedroom window the cops calling people out of their apartment. Of course everyone is at their windows now watching as they dragged out 4 guys and had them cuffed. It wasn't ugly, nothing like our old friends, but this one seemed far more interesting as they pulled a bag off the roof that I think they were trying to hide. Looks like something possibly drug related, hard to say. Either way, I sat up in Ariel's room watching her sleep for quite awhile until the action ended. Sometimes I wonder about the world she has to grow up in... sigh. Either way, heard building manager saying they were all getting kicked out, and so ends that saga.

After Ariel woke up from her nap, we played on the deck. She wanted to water mommy's plants...


...such a helpful girl!


My bleeding heart plant has its first bloom finally! It usually full at this point, but it hasn't been warm... poor plant.


Ariel getting ready to do some gardening.


Tomorrow we are having breakfast with Dad and Rita in the morning. Still unsure if we will make it to swimming class or not. Will see how we feel in the morning. We only have a few classes left, and Ariel is always talking about going to the pool so I don't want to miss it if we can. Also, people started getting their birthday invites in the mail today! Yay! So will post them soon to share with you all. Hee.

Ariel and Mommy, still alive!


After dinner Ariel and Daddy watched some Muppet Show together.


I shall leave you with this little story. Ariel said a new word the other night during dinner. She held up her utensil and said 'FORK!' Lets just say it doesn't sound totally like fork.... um, yeah. Ken says as long as she doesn't say 'you' afterwards, we should be ok.

And for absolutely no reason, one of my favorite weird 80's music vidoes... they sure don't make cheese like this anymore.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

fork! teehee!

I remember my niece learning to say "clock" before she could pronounce the letter L. She would point at anyone wearing a watch and announce what it was. hehe

Unknown said...

Ariel looks SO grown up in these pics. I am so excited to be home to see her - and you! 3 weeks from yesterday and Geoff and I will be rolling into Vancouver train station. WOW time flies! I laughed out loud when I read about the new word in the vocab. Haha! :) love ya.

Kristin said...

Marin says fork the same way. It is getting better as she is getting older though.

And yes I agree some nicer weather PLEASE!!ss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...