Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bring on the Cough!

So over the past few days Ariel and I have both perked up. Frankly she never seemed to be as bad as I was, but she has the nasty nose part. As my sinus is slowly clearing, wow I can feel my brain again, I find each day that much better. Today I had lots of energy and got several things done, but I have a tickle in my throat making me cough. I have been told its the sign this bug is almost over, so I say bring it on!

We walked down to the store this morning, to get some lettuce and tomatoes for our burgers tonight, yummy. We also dropped off our Operation Christmas Child shoe box that we filled yesterday. This is an annual tradition in our family, and something I am hoping Ariel looks forward to doing every year. She was more aware this year, and helped pick out some toys for the box.


It was so nice outside I would have loved to have walked longer, but it still was a tad cold, and we want to get completely better so back home we went to warm up. Of course I had to make some coco... I have also turned into a hot coco nut with this weather. I look forward to my warm cup of joy in the afternoon. Ahhh, so yummy. Is this the rush coffee drinkers get? Hehe.

Ariel also wants to share her little outfit! I am loving the leg warmers and she will be able to reuse this as a top down the road as well. I wish I had one, its so warm and cozy. Now all she needs is some mukluks, haha. Thanks Grammy!


The rest of the morning was filled with washing the lettuce and making a loaf of banana bread... hmmm. Ariel is quite taken with all my kitchen appliances these days. She hears me turn one on and she comes running and grabs the kitchen stool to watch. It seems the louder the better. The blender are a huge hit on Sunday night when we made Yorkshire puddings. Wait till she discovers power tools, haha.


Last night Ken was working late and we got invited to Dad and Rita's for a steak dinner. Nana and Papa were there too, so that was nice for Ariel to get a visit with them. The food was great, especially the mystery squash. Rita collected them from Papa's garden before the closing of the house, but he never planted them, so we have no clue what type they are... but no matter, they are delicious, that's all that counts!

Ken seems to have finally been hit by our cold germs and woke up kinda sick. So hoping he gets better soon. There is a very good chance the family pictures that we are getting taken on Friday morning, will have us all looking like Rudolph with red noses from this lingering cold. At least it will be Christmasy right?

Well I need to get Ariel up and I think we will dig into the fresh banana bread. Hee.

Edit:

I totally forgot to add this video of Ariel reading her favorite book... or maybe its more memorized... you be the judge.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Awesome book reading! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah ha, you make Yorkshire Puddings too!!! Best with a lovely roast beef dinner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...