Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bring on the Turkey!

Ahh, its officially the long weekend. Whee! Ken is home for 3 days straight, we have 2 turkey dinners to look forward too and nothing else planned... heaven! Well, we do have to go buy a new floor lamp for our office, as I am here in the dark. Ugh, this is the second one we bought from Ikea since we have lived here (about 5 years) and they don't seem to last. So we are going to go find something else, whenever Ken and Ariel get up. Haha.

Its been pretty mellow around here the past few days, but it sure has gotten cold! Yikes, I am super thankful for those flannel sheets now. I really need to find some jeans soon, as the last pair I wore the previous fall can't stay up... you forget those things after losing weight. Doh! Maybe I can find a pair today.

Autumn Princess!


Pastor Dave came over on Thursday night to chat with us about stuff and I have some praying to do as he is encouraging me to take on an Elder position, leading a team of people in outreach. Its a bit overwhelming, so the next step is to get the people together and see if its the right fit for me. I shall keep you posted.

Yesterday Ariel and I went over to have waffles with Dad and Rita. Turns out Katie and Rita's daughter Cynthia were also there. So Ariel was totally thrilled and had a great time. We ended up walking down to see the ducks and catfish.


Leaves are cool Momma!


Ariel had a blast feeding the ducks and fish, something I finally got to see as usually Rita takes her down while I help Dad with computer stuff. It was too beautiful a day to stay inside and I finally saw what my daughter yaks about all week. 'Big fish! Ducks funny, quack!'


Managed to grab some video of the catfish, they were HUGE! Watch the one fight the duck for the food. Haha.


We came home for lunch and naps. Ariel got up at 4pm from her bed, and came to give me a hug. Then she left, and I assumed she was putting her binkie away but when she didn't come back I went to check... she had gone to our bed and fell asleep again! Guess she was really tired after a fun morning playing.

When she did finally get up she had to put on her mouse ears and wait for Daddy. Right now they are her favorite thing, and likes to carry them around when not wearing them.


I also have some short clips of Ariel's week. She has been learning to sing Twinkle Twinkle, very cute, and she managed to get herself stuck... watch and see.


Well, I should really get the troops up so we can get our day started. Yay! So if you are celebrating this weekend, have a happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

It always looks so beautiful where you live! :)

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving you guys! Hope you have a great long weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...