Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Migraines

Not my idea of fun, but more on that later! Ugh. The day started off well, I woke Ariel up and asked if she wanted to go to dance class and she JUMPED out of bed and went running for her tights. I took that as a yes, so we bundled up and walked down to class. Stella then came in to watch and when Ariel eventually spotted her made a running leap into her arms, awe.


The rest of class was fun, and Ariel had a great time with her 'friends'. When things wrapped up we all walked down to a coffee shop for a little snack and visit. Ariel REALLY enjoyed the rocky road treat she picked out. Dang that sucker was sweet.


We walked back to the library where Stella's car was parked and stopped inside to look at some books. Ariel made herself right at home with a pile of books. That's our little bookworm. I saw that next week's story time is a Halloween themed costume event, so I think we will come out for that. The more times she gets to wear her costume the better. Hee. Also we have Sienna's party next week, the pumpkin festival and trick or treating. Wow, lots of fun so we need to get rid of the sniffles.


As we said our goodbyes, I was feeling a bit sick and we came home instead of going to the post office as planned. Got inside, into my sweats and got into bed. My head started pounding and I knew it was a migraine. Ugh. I haven't had one in awhile, but its still as painful as I remembered. I went to get a cold cloth for my head and realized we had no running water, as they were fixing the water heater in our building. Argh!

I got into bed and Ariel brought a pile of books in beside me and started reading to me. Awe, what a sweetie. Sorry if this is too much info, so be warned, but my headache turned into me getting sick very fast. I went running to the bathroom and Ariel was right behind me shouting 'its ok, its ok!' I ended up making this run several more times until I was empty and so weak all I could do was sleep. Thank heavens it was Ariel's regular nap time and we both fell asleep.

When I got up I felt better and managed to eat a little something and keep it down, yay! Daddy got home and I am taking a brief break before returning to rest. So that was my start of the week, fun eh?

Well, since it was somewhat a rough post, I will leave you with some funny stuff. Sarah Palin was SNL this past weekend... lol. It was awesome and you can really tell that the Republicans are trying anything at this point to gain points. Seriously, she does SNL, John McCain goes back to make things right with David Letterman... um yeah. Either way, its great for a laugh.



This is by far the funniest thing I have seen on this show in a long time. A great way for Amy Poehler to go out on. By the looks of her, she will be having her baby anytime now.



Ok, so hoping my next post is one about how great and healthy I feel. No more colds, blah.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Awww, Ariel is so sweet to try and make you feel better when you're sick from a migraine! I've had those kinds of migraines before and they're definitely NOT fun! Can't wait to see Ariel is her Halloween costume!

Kristin said...

Yikes, that sounds like no fun at all, I hope you feel better in the morning.

Brenda said...

Blech, that doesn't sound like any fun at all! Hope you guys are all healthy soon!

Kristie said...

I hope you are feeling better today!

And I loved that SNL sketch! As much as I really, really don't like Sarah Palin, I do think she did a good job. I would not have been able to keep a straight face with Amy Poehler rapping like that! But, that Sarah Palin...she's a maverick. Mavericks are good at poker faces. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...