Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Time Again!

We so got blessed with the beautiful weather today! Still it was chilly, but nothing some bundling up couldn't fix. Ariel and I picked up Stella and Kara just after 9am to head off to the patch. Ariel had been eager to get going so we wasted no time. As we pulled in so did the many buses of school kids, looked like it was gonna be a busy day.

First thing we saw was the creepy veggie people. I don't remember them from last year, and I thought they were funny, so had to keep our eyes peeled for more.


Ariel wasn't too sure about the wagon ride... or maybe it was the guy singing while we drove out to the patch. I think she was a little overwhelmed.


Yay! We arrived... and although we hadn't had rain for a few days, it still was pretty muddy... ok really muddy. Makes me wish I had boots. Oh well. Ariel was starting to get into it now.


Yay, I caught one... but I can't lift it.



Thanks Aunty Kara!


Ariel and Aunty Lala


Flashback to last year with Lala, awe.


No, I think my pumpkin should be bigger!


Ariel and Momma


We found some more of those creepy veggie people... I think this one is a potato...I think.


Ok, I promise... no more scary veggie people. Maybe Ariel should be a scary corn next halloween. Haha.


The corn maze was REALLY muddy, so we didn't really go in but let Ariel play in the first row. She seemed to really like that and kept running back and forth. Peek a boo!


Now for some pictures with her cute pumpkin sweater. Love these!


She had lots of complements on her hat and sweater while there.


Last year I forgot to get a picture of Ariel and I, so I made sure to get a few today. My little pumpkin is getting so big!


We road back to the main area on the wagon again, this time Ariel seemed more into it. Once we got off we each got a fresh apple and sat down to snack while watching the live band and dancing corn and pumpkin.


Last year we didn't get to see Corny Corn, so that was cool to see him along with Polly Pumpkin. Ariel ate her whole apple and then did some dancing with Kara. At that point she seemed pretty tired and so we headed on our way.


Why won't you move?


Must have been too early for the animals since most of them were either hiding in their houses or sleeping. Ariel wasn't that interested in resting animals. Oh well. Here is Ariel with our pumpkins, all ready for washing and carving. So stay tuned for our carving session at some point in the next week or so.


To wrap up, here is some video from this morning, cuz I know your all dying to see the dancing corn and pumpkin, haha. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

So cute! Looks like a lot of fun. I love the pic of you and Ariel-so good!

Michelle said...

Looks like a good time was had by all ;-) We went to one on the weekend,

Kristin said...

Fun stuff, and cute pics!

Your new header looks SO good!

Jill Brochard said...

Sami loved the veggie people -- personally I thought they looked freaky. Looks like you had a fun day!

Katrina said...

Hey, nice new layout. Thanks for the mention by the way! I haven't been on the internet much lately cuz' I've been feeling too sick :(

Brenda said...

Looks like a super fun outing! I love her little pumpkin hat - I wish I could crochet/knit something like that for Mallory. Can't wait to see your carving efforts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...