Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sicky Saturday

Why did I get a cold again?! Argh! This is my second one this fall, so the way I am going it looks like I might average one a month. Blah! Ariel was once again the culprit, as on Thursday night she broke out in a fever and shakes. Friday came and she seemed ok, but was kinda clingy and moody. The fever would come and go, but the nose had started running, icky. Then this morning I woke up with swollen glands and a stuffed up head. My big concern is shaking this illness by next week as we have our family pictures booked with Maria.


Even though Ariel was a bit under the weather, we still had breakfast with Grandpa and Rita on Friday morning and then went swimming with her friends Carter and Sienna. She had a great time and it was fun to play in the water while it dumped rain outdoors. Afterwards we went back to my Dad's for some more visiting and some turkey soup for lunch. Yum.


This morning we met up with Nana and Papa for coffee and to drop off some papers we had printed for them. Ariel was happy to see them, and sat on Papa's knee for most of the visit. She polished off a bran muffin and some cheese, and we then headed on our way. Since Ariel was dying to go to the park, I took her to kill some time before we were to pick up my Dad for our lunch date at McDonald's.

I got some great shots of Ariel playing in the leaves that I have throughout this post. I never get tired of that sweater and hat, just so cute!


Ariel was watching the crows and seagulls battle over scraps from the trash can and deemed them 'scary birds'. She didn't want to go near them and and soon made a safe escape towards the playground. After several rides on the slide and swing, we headed home to get the car and to pick up Grandpa.


Ariel had spotted McDonald's the other day on the way home from the pool, although she sometimes refers to it as Donald Duck. Unlike me as a kid, my daughter is quite fond of the fast food chain. So Grandpa invited us for a lunch out, and Ariel was happy to get nuggets, fries and a new toy dolly.


Now she is napping soundly and I think I may do the same. Ken is working on his film downtown at work, so not sure when he will get home. Might as well keep it mellow and rest up. Need to get better, as Ariel got invited to a pumpkin party at Sienna's house this week, so we don't want to miss out.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Cute fall pics, love the hat. :)

Amy said...

Hope you guys are all feeling better soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...