Thursday, October 02, 2008

Rain and Cupcakes

So this morning we waved goodbye to Daddy as he was heading off for an overnight trip to Portland for work stuff. Even though its only a night, we miss him. Safe travels honey! Love you!!!

Today brought on the beginning of the rainy season. We all knew it was coming and I do like the rain, but its harder with a toddler to go out in. Blah. In the end we went down to the quilt shop to visit Stella and I ended up falling in LOVE with some new fabric that came in with cupcakes and sweets!!!


I wanted to make Ariel a new quilt for her twin bed we are planning on getting in a few months, since I didn't like anything in the stores. Ariel is a bit cupcake nut like her mommy, so it just seemed to fit, and the fabric has lots of color so it feels fun and yet not babyish. They had a cute appliqued cupcake quilt on the wall, but it wasn't big enough and it was a little busy for my liking (I know, I am super picky!) So I sketched out an idea and Stella helped with the sizing and measurements. By the end I had the beginning of a new project, yay! I still need to find fabric for the quilted blocks, but that can wait. Right now, I am enjoying my pretty fabrics and how cute Ariel's new quilt will be. Hee.

Tonight for dinner, Ariel and I went out to use a coupon I had for a free burger. It was so much fun hanging out, just us girls. Ariel was on her best behavior and I was very pleased. Of course Ariel wanted to dip every bite of pizza in ketchup, but whats wrong with that? Haha.


Ariel even ordered her own meal tonight, telling the girl she wanted milk, pizza and dip (aka ketchup). After the food was gone and Ariel had chowed down the ice cream sandwich they gave her for dessert, we walked over to London Drugs to get some hair elastics. While there we found some great cheap movies, and I got a copy of Shall we Dance. *swoon* I LOVE this movie. Its so romantic and truly a great view of marriage. Kara and I talked about this particular quote one day, and I have to share it. Just such a beautiful statement about how marriage is really being there for the other person, as life isn't all about you.

All these promises that we make and we break...why is it that you think people get married? Because we need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet, I mean what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything...the good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things...all of it, all the time, every day. You're saying... Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed, because I will be your witness.

As it started to get dark, we headed home to catch Ugly Betty. Gosh, I am so loving this season, its really back on track after last year. Of course the writers strike didn't help at all, but its good to have the snappy dialog and story lines back to how they were in season one. Yay.


Ok, we have coffee party tomorrow morning, so better get to bed and rest up. Good night!

4 comments:

Ken said...

Awwww....I miss my girls!

Love you! Have a good night!

Kristin said...

You'll have to show the new bedding off when you are finished with it, I bet it will be cute!

Brenda said...

That quilt will be awesome! I absolutely adore the colors in those stripes!

And, while I believe ketchup and pizza is absolutely hideously disgusting....my good friend does it all the time. *shrug* At least now I can tell her she's not alone! LOL

Amy said...

That quilt is going to be SO SO SO cute!!! I can't wait to see it all done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...