Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Cars are too expensive!

(Thanks everyone for your kind comments! Yes I did create the banner and the backgrounds!)

...but what can you do? Oh well, the positive note was that it shouldn't need anything done to it for a very long time. Praying it doesn't... eep. In the end it took longer to fix than they originally quoted, but they didn't charge us any of that, so that was extremely kind of them. Basically we had a nasty oil leak that lead from one leak to another, which lead to discovering other little things that needed to be fixed. I don't speak car, but thankfully they sit down and explain it all before they do it to get consent. We have always had great service from them, so I trust them completely.

Ariel was THRILLED to have the volvo back. She was eagerly asking them for the key. All the workers came in to see her which was really sweet. They love hearing her talk about the volvo... or just say volvo for that matter. Haha.


Afterwards we drove to Costco to buy toilet paper and paper towel. Its weird to see all the Christmas stuff up already, but I know the moment thanksgiving and Halloween finishes up (or before then) it will be everywhere. Found some new flannel sheets for our bed, just in time for the cold nights ahead. We were done within 20 minutes and headed home.

While Ariel napped I pulled out some of the old Halloween costumes from the back of the closet. I ended taking them down to the consignment shop to rent out. I am not ready to sell them since we could use them again down the road, but this was the next best thing and she gets a cool display in the window.


She wants to have Ariel's picture beside them showing how cute your kid could look in them. Haha, her first modeling gig, haha. Anyhoo, these are the ones I took down:

Lobster!


Peacock, just too awesome for words this one!


Also took down her Cinderella dress...


...and Tinkerbell.


So if you live around here, you can rent them for $15 and have a cute costume for Halloween! Pretty soon you get to see Ariel in this years costume! She LOVES it and we have some cute pictures of her wearing it around the house. Should I post them or wait till Halloween? I will let you decide?

I really don't have a lot to say today, its been kinda a slow week. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend, and turns out Aunt Penny and Uncle Bill are going to be here too, so that's cool. Ariel keeps talking about turkey, so she knows good food is coming her way.

One thing I do need to say is we have entered the 'naked' doll phase in our home. I don't really understand it, but kids love having naked dolls. I asked Ariel why and she said the baby 'pooped'. As long as she has a reason right?


The rest of the afternoon Ariel sat and read her books in her fav spot... the toy dog's bed. She plunks it down on the floor and brings a pile of books and is content for a long time. Such a funny girl!


Ok, since I am totally fried today, lets end with a fun quiz, JOY!

Spell your name with some favorite songs.
J-ust Dance (lady gaga)
A-ll I See (kylie minogue)
N-ever Gonna Give You Up (rick astley –haha had to do it)
E-verywhere (Fleetwood mac)
T-ime Stand Still (rick Springfield – my theme song for leading up to turning 30)

– Name: Janet
– Birth date: May 1st
– Nickname: Jay, high school and camp it was Dizzy or Diz
– Eye Color: blue with yellow
– Hair Color: brown
– Zodiac Sign: Taurus

–The shoes you wore today: runners, usually its my birks
– Your hobby: blogging
– Your fear(s): flying
– Your perfect pizza: pizza hut veggie
– Goal you’d like to achieve: expand family, live a happy and fulfilling life

– Your best physical feature: either eyes or hair
– Your bedtime?: 10-11pm
– Most missed memory?: time with my mom

This Or That…
– Pepsi or Coke? coke
– McDonald’s or Burger King: McDonalds
– Adidas or Nike: Neither, I like sketchers
– Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Nestea
– Chocolate or Vanilla: chocolate
– Cappuccino or coffee: neither

Do You…
– Smoke: no
– Curse: not really, does ‘crap’ count?
– Sing: yes
– Dance: nope, I leave that up to Ariel
– Have a crush: hee, I married him
– Do you think you’ve been in love? Yep
– Want to go to college: did that
– Like(d) high school: some was great, some sucked
– Want to get married: did that too
– Get motion sickness: yeah but its not as bad as it use to be
– Think you’re a health freak: haha, I am better than I was, lets leave it at that
– Get along with your parents: sure

In the past month…
– Gone to the mall: yes
– Eaten an entire box of Oreos: haha, not this month, there is still time!
– Eaten Sushi: yes
– Been on stage: no
– Gone skating: no
– Made homemade cookies: no
– Gone Skinny dipping: nope, no opportunity, haha
– Stolen anything: no

Ever…
– Played a game that required removal of clothing: nope
– Been beaten up: nothing terrible, light pushing
– Shoplifted: no

– Age you hope to be married: I was married at 22
– Numbers of Children: some days its 2 others its 3, guess we shall see
– Describe your Dream Wedding: we had it! If we were to do it again, I love to renew our vows in Disneyland
– What country would you most like to visit?: Not big on traveling huge distances, but if I had to, maybe England

In the opposite sex..
– Best eye color?: brown
– Best hair color?: I always loved blond yet I only dated guys with brown hair, weird
– Short hair or long hair?: doesn’t matter, as long as it suits the person
– Height: meh

– Number of people I could trust with my life: several.
– Number of CDs that I own: oh good grief, I don’t have time to count, over 200 at least
– Number of tattoos: nope, ouch
– Number of piercings: 2 in each ear, although I barely wear earrings

Who were you with yesterday? Ariel, Nana and Ken
What woke you up this morning? The radio
Where are you? home office
Is tomorrow going to be a good day? Yeah, must see Thursday night on tv! Haha
Do you like anybody? I like lots of people, but I really like my hubby, he is cute

Ever thrown up in public? Oh gosh *wince* at the Grand Canyon, so not my proudest moment, it was food poisoning!
Passed out because of alcohol? nope

What kind of home would you like? Doesn’t matter
What do you want to be when you grow up? Who is growing up? I guess just happy.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Who knows, I tend to go day by day

Do you like candy necklaces? ick
When was the last time you fell over or ran into something? When am I not doing this?
Do you listen to music every day? Pretty much
Do you still go trick or treating? I hated it as a kid, but love taking Ariel. Who knew?
What was the last thing you ate? Few bites of spinach pizza
Are you a fast typer? Sort of, in my own special way
Whats your favorite type of soda? Coke zero
Have you ever moved? Yes, a few times
Have you ever won an award? yup
Are you listening to music right now? yes
How long ’till your birthday? 6 months and a bit, don’t remind me – 30 icky!
When were you the saddest in your whole life?: April 1st, 2000
What time is it? 6:23 pm
Do you use ebay to buy or sell?: buy
Who makes you mad? Bad drivers, people who swear in front of kids
Have you ever heard a song written about you? Personally written for me? No. Songs that felt like they were written for me in times of my life, yes
Something you want to happen in 2009? If I say it might not come true

Honestly, do you miss 2008? It was a pretty cool year, so sure
Honestly, whats on your mind? That I need to make dinner soon
Honestly, what are you doing right now? Doing this quiz apparently
Honestly, have you done something bad today? Not that I can think of, it was a slow day
Honestly, who is the last person you talked to on the phone? Ken
Honestly, what makes you mad most of the time? stupid people
Honestly, do you bite your nails? nope
Honestly, do you want to see someone this very moment? sure
Honestly, are you keeping a big secret now? Maybe yes maybe no, like I am gonna say
Honestly, do you have a friend you don’t actually like? I don't think so
Honestly, are you in denial? about some things, sure
Honestly, do you get up in the middle of the night and eat? Not since I was pregnant
Honestly, do you like anyone? yes... Ken, how many times must you ask!
Honestly, does anyone like you? I hope so, he did marry me

What do you do when you’re mad? vent
What’s the worst thing you’ve done when you were mad? Thrown things
Ever made anyone cry when you were mad? yes
Do you swear when you’re mad? Sometimes, bad I know

When was the last time you actually cried? Monday morning, it was a rough day
Ever cried yourself to sleep? not anymore
Do certain songs make you cry? Oh gosh yeah
What usually makes you cry? Hormones, haha

Are you usually a happy person? yeah
What makes you the happiest? My family and friends
Do you believe in yourself? I get better everyday
When people say they think you are good looking/pretty, do you get happy? Awe, sure


I am tagging everyone who reads my blog! I hope to see this on your blogs! Hee. Don't disappoint me.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Ooh pretty blog page! You're so talented...I just stole (borrowed) mine from the website you mentioned last post. teehee

Dianne said...

Oooo... something to do when I've woken up at 4am and can't get back to sleep... yay! Will have to think about this one...

Michelle said...

Oh good lord ;0 I'll be back later to do a meme.. I've done two already today..Ariel is so cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...