Sunday, October 26, 2008

More Chicken...

....Please Momma... more chicken! Ariel was saying that about every 2 minutes tonight during dinner. She had eaten all her veggies and just was really wanting more chicken. In the end she ate about a whole thigh worth of meat. Guess she really likes Grammy's lemon chicken recipe. Hee.

Whenever we are recovering from illness, we always cook up the lemon and garlic chicken recipe, it just really helps the throat. Ahhh. Ariel started coughing today, so I am hoping it helps. She also has a nasty red rash on her face around her mouth and nose from the constant snot flowing. Poor baby girl. She is a trooper and at the moment is happily coloring away.


We had a video chat today with Ken's family and Ariel wore her halloween costume. So that was special for them, and Ariel got some good practice moving around in it... after she spent several minutes looking at herself in the mirror. Haha. She just couldn't get over how funny she looked.

Yesterday, Ariel and I went over to Dad and Rita's for waffles. It was a lovely day and we walked down afterwards to go feed the ducks. Grandpa showed her how to get the ducks to eat out of her hand.


Of course we had to get that on video. It was really cute.


The fat ducks started following Ariel, looking for more food, and she wasn't too sure how she felt about that.


Ariel strikes a pose. She even has the pout, true model potential, haha.


Such a little sweetie!


Then a walk back through the changing leaves.


I LOVE this one. The colors are amazing!


After our walk we came back to the house and I checked on Ariel's laundry that we were doing. When I opened the washing machine... it looked like the soap didn't wash away. It was very strange. Kinda like little crystals. After showing my Dad, we put it on another rinse in hopes that would fix it. While I sat watching it through the window, stumped as to what went wrong... I suddenly saw the issue. Ariel had stuck a clean DIAPER in her laundry unannounced to me! I guess she must has put one in her laundry basket during the week and I just never saw it while loading the clothes. Soooooo, if you have ever wondered what a diaper through the washing machine is like, I will say... its HORRIBLE!

I had to rinse all the gel like crystals off the cloths in the sink, wipe down the washing machine, reload the clothes and start the wash cycle again to get rid of any last residue on them. Sigh... then I talked with Ariel about not putting diapers in the laundry... her response, it was dirty! Thankfully, it was not that kind of dirty, only pretend, but still. I think I will be looking through things more carefully now. She was never the kid that flushed things down the toilet, so maybe this is compensation. Haha.

After all that, we ended going out to lunch with Dad to check out the renovated McDonald's in the next town over. Its weird to think of a place like that being made into a modern looking restaurant. Leather seating, bold patterns, fireplace and big screen tv but same old food. Hee. Ariel gave 2 thumbs up for the new play area, and 2 thumbs down to the mean kid who yelled at her. She was standing a foot away from this little boy about 4-5 years old. He was playing and Ariel stood there smiling and waved at him. He then turned to her and shouted 'get away from me, don't touch me!' Um, she didn't touch you, cranky pants! Of course she wasn't phased and went back to going down the slide. Oh well, I guess he is in the 'girls are yucky' part of life.

Well, I am going to go watch some of the movies I got from the library. I borrowed the first 2 seasons of ER, talk about a flash back! I totally remember watching an episode at Julie's house when I was in high school, haha. To think its still on and FINALLY ending this year, its crazy. Oh well, its a blast from the past, and who doesn't love a little George Clooney after a busy weekend. Tune in this week for all the Halloween fun, and pray for the rain to stay away.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

We love going for walks in the fall and feeding the ducks too!

I'll keep my eye out for diapers in my laundry too, that sounds like a bunch of extra work I don't need or want!

Anonymous said...

Oh no...a diaper in the laundry, I can only imagine! :)

Great, great pictures!! I love the colors of the leaves!

Jill Brochard said...

Love the fall colors!
The first season of ER, hubby and I just moved in together -- it came on Sunday night so we would hurry back to our apartment after spending the weekend at his parents, and snuggle up in our FREEZING place to watch ER! Such memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...