Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving and Crafts

I was planning on blogging last night but after installing the updates on our computer, it hiccuped and wouldn't completely log into windows. One word - SUCKS! Thankfully, my dear brother Mike the computer genius walked us through safe mode to create a new sign in and eventually able to re-log into our old page. However, while everything seems to be fine, all our bookmarks are GONE! Ugh, so unless we can find a file with them backed up, we will have to recreate them all. I am trying to look at it as a way of major cleaning since many of them were old, didn't work etc. Of course its still annoying, but its better than a dead computer right? Been there, done that, not fun!

Monday morning Ariel and I went to her dance class. Since we arrived early, I took advantage of the time and tried to do some fun arty shots of princess. I wish the light wasn't so harsh on these, but the look is kinda funky, so they are still cool.


Waiting for her friends to show up.


Tiny dancer.


Ken was out late that day and didn't get home until close to midnight. He was the master of ceremonies of the Richard Williams event downtown. If you are an animator, then you know what a big moment this is! He will be blogging about it later so check it out if you want to know more about his experience meeting the legend himself.

Tuesday morning I woke up and was having a really rough day. I decided to go to the moments for moms just so I could get a bit of a break and Ariel could play with other kids. It was a clothing exchange that morning and I got a few cute tops for myself and a purse for Ariel. She was thrilled!


Since Ariel was such a great girl in the nursery, we came home and made soft pretzels together. They turned out wonderful and very tasty. We had to find something to fill the afternoon with... Ariel has seemed to have given up her naps at the moment. Trust me when I say I miss them, but I guess it was coming. It seems to be helping bedtime, so I guess its all good. So afternoons will become craft and baking times together.


When Ken got home he took Ariel to the grocery store for me while I finished dinner. On arrival with the forgotten broccoli, I also found they had picked up another little something, some pretty flowers for me. Ariel stood proudly holding them out to me, it was very special. Thank you my sweeties.


After dinner we got busy carving our pumpkins. Here is their before picture, kinda like a makeover eh? Hee.


Ariel was really into it this year... or more so playing in the guts. Haha.


Mommy's job is to clear out the guts, I get faster every year! Whee! These pumpkins were really nice this year. Ariel picked out some good ones.


Ken then comes up with the faces and carves them. He is a pro. Ariel wanted hers to look like Pokoyo. Lol. Hey, it was either that or Bert.


When all three were finished, we lit them up to see how they looked. Pretty cute I think! I love my vampire one, ode to Twilight, haha.


It was shortly after that the computer started acting weird, so Ken watched 'Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown' with Ariel while I backed up some stuff to our external hard drive.

Today we got an early start since the rain was suppose to be coming and I wanted to walk into town. So we got dressed and headed out to do our chores. We picked up some stuff at the grocery store, stopped in to visit Joanie at Fancy This Gifts to thank her for the cream she gave us for Ariel's face. It got rid of ALL the red mess caused by her cold, amazing! It would have taken ages otherwise. Then a quick stop in to see Stella at the quilt shop which is all rearranged now, looks fantastic! Manged to get home in time for lunch, yay.

After lunch today's craft was popcorn balls. Ariel enjoyed the making the popcorn best, and stealing some when I wasn't looking. We colored them orange to look more like pumpkins and wrapped them up and then made some tags for them and the pretzels that we would be taking to the Halloween party tomorrow.


Then into brown paper bags and woot, cute homemade Halloween goodies for Ariel's little friends.


While Ariel played in her kitchen, I did some sewing and made her a little felt pumpkin friend.


He was a HUGE hit with her, and he hasn't left her side all afternoon. I think I will try and make her some more felt things, maybe some goodies for her kitchen. For now, Mr Pumpkin is happy to be her pride and joy.


Well, that is pretty much it. You are all caught up on the past few days and there is still more fun to come, even though the rain is coming, blah! I guess I better get dinner started. Check in soon to see Ariel in her costume! Hee.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Marin gave up her nap shortly after she turned two too, it was a bit of an adjustment that is for sure!

Love the B&Ws of Ariel at ballet, sooo sweet!
And your pumpkins a cute too. :)

Tera said...

Hi Jay, Cute pumpkins! I'll have to remember that cute sideways grin for next year. Sorry to hear Ariel is wanting to pass on naps already...Braylee skips her naps half the week, and those can make for some frustrating days at times. Luckily, Brynna is still a wonder-sleeper and enjoys her naptime! Did you make the pretzels from scratch? They look so yummy, I'd love the recipe. You can email it to me tera_leann@hotmail.com
Cute pics of Ariel in her ballet outfit too...I keep meaning to get some good ones of Braylee, but no luck yet. Love the good bags, you are just so creative!

Amy said...

CUTE faces on your pumpkins!! Hope you can find your bookmarks! eeekkkkkk that's one of my worst nightmares!

BethE said...

Your weight loss is really showing, Jay, congrats!

I had bad news at the doctor's today, their scale showed me to be ten pounds more than my scale declared. Bah humbug.

Brenda said...

Cute pumpkins! Mallory actually stuck her hand inside hers this year - too funny! I love your little goodie bags, too. Mallory and I made cupcakes last night - whoo what a mess! But a fun mess.

kelly ens said...

I'm so behind on blogs.
CUTE pictures - i LOVE them.
Don't give up on her naps yet...Taeya has shown signs a few times of giving them up, but with some persistence, she is still a napper! :)
can you share the recipe for the soft pretzels?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...