Monday, November 26, 2007

Ariel and the Christmas Tree

We had a good weekend, not a whole lot happened, but enough to keep us all entertained. On Saturday morning, Ariel and I made a run to the office supply store in need of card stock to print out our Christmas cards. While there, we did a stop also at the craft store and then for some bazaar reason, headed to the Lansdowne Mall to stop at Toys R Us. I wanted to get a toy to go with my gift in the exchange, and it was a sale weekend, so I figured, why not.

We arrived to find a very busy parking lot, so you really know that the shopping season has begun. Just to explain to those who don't know this mall, its always DEAD! Such a change to see it busy. Anyhoo, we went in and found a little gift that Ariel proceeded to test while I checked out the store for any other bargains. We got stopped several times by people shopping for someone Ariel's age and wanted to know what to get, or more so where to find the toy she was playing with since she was totally absorbed in it.

In the end, I managed to find a cute little chair for Ariel to sit and read in. I had been looking for one that didn't have Dora on it, which is almost impossible! In the end, we found a Disney Princess one and it was perfect. (Here she is in it today, excuse her messy lunch face)


Walking out with it while pushing a stroller wasn't so easy, but we managed. Then came the huge lines... and this is why I always try to have all my shopping done before December 1st, I hate crowds and lines. Since I have to mail off the gifts to Ken's family by a certain date, so I know they will be there in time for Christmas, it gives me an early deadline to meet with everything. So basically, if I didn't have that time frame, I most likely be a later shopper as well... if it wasn't for those lines. Blah.... another reason I love online shopping, hee.

That evening we rented The Nativity, the movie that came out last Christmas, and really enjoyed it. A nice way to start the season indeed. Sunday morning we headed off to church and got to witness 5 baptisms with the youth and a new member. Such a blessing and always so moving too.

During Ariel's nap, Ken and I pulled out all the decorations and set up the tree. We figured we start slow, and take the week to set up so we wouldn't overwhelm Ariel. When she woke up and saw the tree, we were waiting for her to attack it or something, instead, she was somewhat freaked out by it.


Eventually, she poked it with her finger, but other than that, she wasn't too interested. Guess we shall see what happened as we decorate it.


Ariel was more into her new little play nook, that I rearranged for the holidays. Keeping it fresh makes her smile. Seems like all new toys! Whee!


Later we watched some of the video from last Christmas, and were amazed at how little Ariel really was. I had to show some of the puppet show Ken did for Ariel. We had gotten her this huge hippo toy just to use this song. Haha, yes we are nuts! Might have to turn it up to hear the song, sorry I didn't make it louder.


Today we went over to Nana's so I could wash all the material I have for the nighties I am making Ariel and I. Before we left, Ariel got to put on her new mittens Nana had bought at Gymboree the other day. She was really taken with them!


At Nana's she found 'that book' and was happy playing with it for quite awhile.


Now we are home and princess is napping, so I am going to go get some cards made up and relax a bit. Whee!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am sure it wont be long before she is liking the Christmas tree. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...